How do I protect a single cigar?

jamz

Elitist a-hole
I have one particularly nice cigar (Partagas 150) that is kicking around in my humidor. It's wrapper is not in the best shape, and I'm not ready to smoke it yet, and I feel bad that every time I lift out my tray it gets rolled and scraped around. What's the best way to protect it? Sick it in the wrapper of another cigar? Put it in a tube? Seal it in carbonite?

Thanks gorillas!

I have one particularly nice cigar (Partagas 150) that is kicking around in my humidor. It's wrapper is not in the best shape, and I'm not ready to smoke it yet, and I feel bad that every time I lift out my tray it gets rolled and scraped around. What's the best way to protect it? Sick it in the wrapper of another cigar? Put it in a tube? Seal it in carbonite?

Thanks gorillas!

if you have some spare cello from other cigars i would use that, or a tube if you have one that it fits into nicely
however the BEST way to protect the wrapper from further damage would be to smoke it ;)

James

My suggestion is to smoke it now before the wrapper gets so bad off that it's not smokable. That way the cigar will go out in it's best days!
:ss

Condom?

I'd be ultra careful if you decide to put that stick in cello. If your wraper is giving you problems, the last thing you want to do is create further problems by catching the wrapper on the cello as you slide the stick in. If you go that route, consider using cello that would fit a larger RG stick to keep it loose fitting as you put it on.

You may also want to research using pectin to touch up your stick. I only know what I've read here when it comes to that stuff, but many gorillas seem to feel it's something that works.

Good luck.

I find a shotgun is best for protection.
Seriously though, if you have an empty tube that it fits in use that. Like was suggested above I would also look into some "cigar glue".

How about this? (single, plastic telescoping cigar tube)

LETUBE1.gif

~Mark

You can use the baggies made the size of a single cigar. I use these from time to time just to bring a single smoke with me to work or out and about. Just leave the one end open so it can breather easier.

Back