how do u make your drink

GoodFella

Palmetto State Herf Crew
After going to the Shack Herf i got to see a bunch of mojitos made. i thought i had a good drink but some of these were way to cool. so i want to see what els is out there. share your drink recipe with me.

Tom Collins

Fill glass with ice
2.0 oz Beefeater Gin
1.5 oz lemon juice
0.5 oz simple syrup
top off with club soda and throw in a sliced lemon and orange

D-e-e-e-licious :dr

Dry Gin Martini

Set vermouth bottle next to 5 oz. glass
Fill glass with Gin
add a nosh, onion or olive or cucumber.
Drink and repeat till you cant repeat

tt:cb

Mojito Simple but Fine

2 oz Cuban Rum (Club Havana 7 Anos) honestly if it isn't Cuban Rum (or a good Caribbean substitute) I am not interested I am sure there is comparable but I don't know one, do not use white rum but that is just my opinion.

1 oz simple syrup (50 50 raw cane sugar and distilled water heat till absorbed cool, try not to boil)
8 fresh mint leaves mottles (crush in hand like crumpling paper)

Top glass with ice

Soda water or if you have it champagne is better.

Repeat as necessary

I drink almost everything neat or maybe with a few cubes of ice.

But as a tip try adding a half can of beer to your next pitcher of margaritas it smooths them out imo.

EZ & Excellent Frozen Margaritas

I made these this way for the first time last Sat. night & they were a big hit. Quantities can be adjusted depending on your blender capacity. Mine is 46oz.

6 oz Tequila, I use Cuervo Gold
2oz Orange Liquor, Grand Marnier preferred but Triple Sec works too
1 10oz can Bacardi Frozen Margarita Mix
4oz Orange Juice**
Ice to fill blender
Lime slice to garnish

The key to good blender drinks is to get everything very cold because the blending process creates a lot of heat. The weaker the blender the more heat created. I put the blender carafe in the freezer before the first batch. It yields a very cold slush that doesn't melt immediately in the (pre-chilled)glass.
** I use some OJ or any fruity liquid because I find using all ice makes a watery drink.

Manhattan

3 oz. (1 double-shot) ordinary bar whiskey. I find I prefer Philadelphia for these.

3/4 oz (one half-shot) sweet vermouth. Stock or Martini & Rossi works best.

Pour the whiskey in a glass of ice. Drop in a dash of Angostura bitters, add sweet vermouth.

Drop in a maraschino cherry and drink down some old-school goodness (a steak chaser is nice with these).

Makers Mark or Gentleman Jack over ice. Sometimes I screw up and put in too much ice. Fortunately, I have a foolproof formula to fix it: add more booze.

This is how I roll:

Cuban Mojito recipe

the original authentic recipe from Havana Cuba

1 teaspoon powdered sugar
Juice from 1 lime (2 ounces)
4 mint leaves

1 sprig of mint
Havana Club white Rum (2 ounces)
2 ounces club soda

(If you repost this recipe or my comments, I'd love a link back to this web page as your source, thanks!) There are countless recipes for the Mojito (pronounced moh-HEE-toh), but this version is for the one Hemingway himself enjoyed at the Mojito's place of birth: La Bodeguita del Medio in Havana, Cuba. If you are throwing a Cuban theme party (Havana night themed party), definitely plan on serving mojitos.

Place the mint leaves into a long mojito glass (often called a "collins" glass) and squeeze the juice from a cut lime over it. You'll want about two ounces of lime juice, so it may not require all of the juice from a single lime. Add the powdered sugar, then gently smash the mint into the lime juice and sugar with a muddler (a long wooden device pictured below, though you can also use the back of a fork or spoon if one isn't available). Add ice (preferably crushed) then add the rum and stir, and top off with the club soda (you can also stir the club soda in as per your taste). Garnish with a mint sprig.

** Optional ** While the following isn't the authentic original Bodeguita del Medio Cuban recipe for a mojito, some people will take half of the juiced lime and cut into into four wedges to add to the glass. Another variation is to add Angostura bitters to cut the mojito's sweetness, which is a popular version in Havana hotels although not the true Bodeguita recipe. Some Cubans also use "guarapo" in place of the powdered sugar, which is a sugar cane syrup available in the Latin food section of some supermarkets and definitely in online Latin grocery stores (typically sold in 12 ounce cans just like soft drinks).

It's pretty hard to find glasses and muddlers, but I purchased a few gift sets for relatives from an online Cuban store (click here for the site and click on "other favorites" in their site's menu), they have a couple of mojito glass gift sets with a muddler. Pictured below is the "Havana" set, which comes in a cool gift box. Once a year we throw a "Havana" party and give away one set to each family that shows up as a take-home gift. What are you waiting for, go put on some Perez Prado mambo music and start making mojitos!

http://www.tasteofcuba.com/mojito.html

Other than that, I like bourbon. Neat or two ice cubes!!

3 shots of Saphire over the rocks topped with plain tonic ending with a squeeze of fresh a lime wedge or just gin over the rocks...hell anything gin!
Cheers!

mint julip i think its called.

a teaspoon and half of powder sugar and 10 mint leaves in a old fashion glass. Mudle it up untill it turns into a paste. Add 1.5oz of bourbon. Fill with ice. Top with club soda.

1 Brandy Snifter
4 oz. Single Malt Scotch (I prefer Laphroig 30 or Balvenie 17 yr. sherry cask)

repeat 2x per hour until you forget your first name.

mint julip i think its called.

a teaspoon and half of powder sugar and 10 mint leaves in a old fashion glass. Mudle it up untill it turns into a paste. Add 1.5oz of bourbon. Fill with ice. Top with club soda.

Name's correct.

While at Shack Herf IV over the weekend I watched one of the guys mix up a mojito with dark rum, and it dawned on me how similar a mojito is to a mint julep.

Usually, it's just something neat for me. But I have been drinking quite a few of these over the summer (especially on the golf course):

Vodka (a bunch)
Juice of one lime and one lemon
A little sprite and top off with club soda
(over a tall glass full of ice)
Salt the rim if you like that sort of thing.

Very refreshing when it's hot outside.

Back