How do you buy your cigars?

bama

ChestBeater
I am curious about your purchase habits. Do you buy most of your cigars at B&Ms, online, both? What is the breakdown, percentage-wise?

I buy all of my boxes online (the best route, financially), occasionally buy samplers online, and buy single sticks at B&Ms (the most expensive route), when I plan to smoke it in the shop.

I usually try to buy all my cigar at my local B&M. Yes it is more expensive but more rewarding to help the little guy. Though, I'm not opposed to buy online if the price is "just" right.:tu

I might occasionally buy a sigle at a B&M, but with a 40% ciagar tax, it's pretty rare. 99.9 percent I get online.

Anything not a single I buy online.

Every single I get is either at home at the local B&M or out of state B&M's when I travel.

I pick up singles at the B and M but they have a very limited selection and they are def. not the little guy. Some of their prices are comparable to some of my favorite online retailers, especially with Padrons. However, with the online retailers pricing and sheer selection, online shopping is a no brainer, and I don't even have to leave my house.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I try to support my B&M as much as possible. But I will make that internet purchase if its a good deal:tu
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I buy 80% of my cigars online. Cbid is responsible for most of it. The prices online are are just hard to beat. I will buy singles at B&Ms before I buy any boxes.

I get quite a few sticks at my B&M, mostly because they give me %20 off prices for being Military, I do get a lot off the devil site as well. It's a vicious cycle. :hn

I try to go into the local B&M every week to 10 days and buy a couple sticks (ok ok 4 or 5). But the bulk of my stash has come from the devil site.

Famous, Holt's and Cigar.com haven;t helped much either:D:D

100% from B&Ms, other than stuff I've gotten in trades, which I don't know whether or not its from the internet. But yeah, I just go to my B&M every few days and grab about 5 sticks, but my humi is pretty full so I've been cutting back a little. Time to get smoking :tu

If I am looking for a certain stick to try, and my local B&M has it in stock that’s where I go. If I have tried something before and I want to buy a few for the humi, I just can't beat online prices. So a little of both I guess but any large purchases are made online from a reputable supplier. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

</O:p
First you have to tell your self that the special specials are not unique. Certain cigars are always going to be on sale. Is an every day cigar a cigar that is smoked every day, or is it cigar that is purposefully neglected every day?

Cigar Clubs and brown bags
<O:p</O:p
I am going with the teaser from Educated Cigar, thinking that I am going to get something really good every other month, and something nice always. I joined for 8 cigars for 6 months. By paying in advance, I don’t get dinged for postage. Same with postage from Cigar International, And finally, I get the brown bag 10 cigars at 2.50 each, which includes postage auto shipped.
<O:p></O:p>
Myth #1 That cigar I want is coming in the mail, this month or next.
Fact #1 120/26 = $4.61 per stick. The brown bag has had a C2, Torano, Gurka, La Gloria, and has been a value above the cost..for the two clubs and the brown bag.
Fact #2 My taste changes, that awesome cigar I got a bunch of is now out of my taste profile a month later.
Quandary #1 Is it better to pay $8 in shipping, or spend $21 more and get free shipping?
Observation#1 As my taste profile evolves, I have drift nixed those samplers that contain out of profile smokes.
GOAL Go with the 3 monthly shipments, and only pull the trigger on the real deals. So far only one real deal has come along.
<O:p</O:p

A really nice special came via email, buy 2- 5 packs and get the 3rd free, as oppose to buy 3 and get the 4th free. Typically, I don’t find 3 selections from the limited list much less a fourth, Hmmm, I was able to find quality candidates of 5 packs that were on my desire list. And then there was the postage question. I was able to come up with this order, CAO Brazilla Lambarda, CAO C2 Robosto, and Savineli ELR double corona Maduro, (used the top25 database to pick the Saveneli, 6 reviews, 8.25) and added 2<ST1:p Bahia</ST1:pla 5 back samplers, again checked the database for reviews. No postage and @3.99 a stick. (M2’s were not offered as a 5 pack.) No buyer remorse here, profile, whish list, some new sticks, to try, at a cheap cigar price.

The not so local B&M's I visit, but with a list of sticks, to stick to, and not to graze and chew the cud.<O:p</O:p

My local B&M. Like to support the local guy since he instructed me when I first began almost a year ago.

On-line all the way. I haven't used B&M's as my primary source in over ten years. The only instance I'd stop at a B&M today would be if I was out of town and killing time, or totally desperate.

Back