How do you keep track of sticks?

cenookie

Young Ape
Althought I'm not completely a newbie, I'm still finding my way in this fantastic hobby. I want to ask the very knowlegable members this question.
That being: What do you use to lable your sticks with? I don't have a problem with cello, but what about the sticks that are naked:ss. Is there a special labler and where can I buy it:confused:? Thanks for your help in advance!!

I just name each of my cigars after countries in the United Nations. That will work until I get more than 192 cigars at one time.

Tonight I smoked Vanuatu. Spicy with a hint of coconut.

I use blank cigar bands for those few occasions when I wish to label something special or keep track of when I got it (not very often). Usually, though, I don't bother. Too much of a PitA.

Not exactly what you're asking, but I use 'CigarBriefcase'. I like having a complete cigar inventory at my fingertips, including date received so I know what my older stock is. I make sure to populate the length, RG, and country fields too because I hate missing information. My wife thinks its pretty nerdy, but I'm an engineer, what do you expect.

I only have a few naked sticks, and with the correct size information in my database, they're pretty easy to identify.

I just set them on fire by lighting the foot, and then tasting the smoke. I find that this filing system leads to turnover in my inventory, and fewer sticks to track.

(actually, I have so few, it's pretty easy to remember when/where I got everything in my possession)

Back