How often should the Fan on the Cigar Oasis XL be running?

The Bruce

ChestBeater
I just put it in my humidor last night. The humidity has stabilized but I was wondering what the normal running cycle is for the Cigar Oasis XL? On mine the fan comes one every five minutes for a few seconds then turns off. Is this normal?

Cheers,
The Bruce

I haven't timed mine, but that sounds about right. For instance, when you open your humi to retrieve a stick or just admire your stock, the RH will drop a little so the fan will initially run a short period until the RH gets back to the set point. Once there, the the fan only comes on for short bursts to circulate the air. You have a problem with the seal on your humi (or you have a new humi that hasn't been seasoned properly) when the fan runs constantly and doesn't get the RH to the set level.

Sounds like your CO is running fine.

Hope this helps.

-Dion

The Bruce said:
I just put it in my humidor last night. The humidity has stabilized but I was wondering what the normal running cycle is for the Cigar Oasis XL? On mine the fan comes one every five minutes for a few seconds then turns off. Is this normal?

Cheers,
The Bruce

Mine did that also for the first couple of weeks then it settled down to about once every 1/2 hour. It's dry this time of year and it all depends on your humidor, the number of smokes in it, and your climate. Give it some time but check the water level regularly the first month until it settles in too its new environment. I talk as if its a damn animal :r

Excellent! Sounds like everything is going fine since it is not running constantly.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back