How oily is too oily?

xxwaldoxx

Lowland Gorilla
I don't get this very often, but every once in a while I get a very oily (almost resin) buildup at the head of my cigar.

The cooler this cigar came out of is running 68 degrees @ 64% RH
Cigar is a Slow Aged Lot 826 by Perdomo
Overall it is a decent bundled cigar, and the first Perdomo that this has happened to me with.

You make the call, :dr or :pu

Close up of head
OilyBuildup-2.jpg

Close up, again
OilyBuildup-1.jpg

Blotted onto a clean paper towel
OilyBuildup-3.jpg

Wow that is an oily cigar. It looks like jelly from afar. Maybe you should let it air out for an hour and then light it up. :2

Are you serious? It looks like you either cut a beetle in half or a berry.

I am NO expert but that is weird to me.

I am sure the more experienced guys will chime in but.............

Was that thing pre-punched or something?.....something doesn't look right.

yuck

I have a Davidoff Millenium do the same thing to me. Storage conditions were good (although it was out of a B&M I visited on vacation). Didn't affect the taste and smoked fine. Yet... I accidently let some get on my tounge... it was gross. Always wipe that off.

I wouldn't worry.

Wow that is an oily cigar. It looks like jelly from afar. Maybe you should let it air out for an hour and then light it up. :2

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I just kept blotting after every 8-10 puffs and smoked it to the nub :r

The only bad part is that when you get a little on the tip of your tounge, it is very, very peppery and spicy, to the point where it burns a bit. Unenjoyabe to say the least.

:pu

I wouldn't be able to wrap my lips around that.

I've smoked other products through a pipe without cleaning it for months and it never looked like that...you know, when I was younger.

I think part of the reason it looks so extreme is that the pic is very close up. I've had many cigars do that and zoomed in to that level it would appear MUCH more than it is. :2

I think part of the reason it looks so extreme is that the pic is very close up. I've had many cigars do that and zoomed in to that level it would appear MUCH more than it is. :2

I totally disagree. When this happens, it is an abnormal about. It just oozes like lava.

Back