How to shop for cigars on line

ca21455

Humi Project Leader
Or at least how I do it. :)

First there is a little set up to be accomplished.

Establish a list of good on line dealers and add them to your favorites. I use the following:

www.atlanticcigar.com
www.bestcigarprices.com
www.cigarsinternational.com
www.famous-smoke.com
www.showmeyourash.com
www.holts.com
www.jrcigars.com
www.mikescigars.com
www.tinderbox.com
www.tntcigar.com/store

Next I search each website for there current offers and write down the ones that appeal to me.

I evaluate the offers by first going to cigar cyclopedia.com and use the comparison shopper to see if it is really a good deal. Sometimes the price offered is not as good as other vendors or is just a minor price reduction.

When the list is narrowed down to a few best buys, I will review ratings from top25cigar, cigarinsider (on cigar aficionado's website) and of course clubstogie.

The results of my search today came up with three potential purchases:

Atlantic Cigar: CAO Crillo Mancha $99.00 for a box of 20.

CI: 10 Graycliff Profesional Presdente & 10 Gurkahs Legend Toro $139.95, comes in a nice jar.

JR: Quintero Churchill EMS $63.95 for a box of 20

Really like the Quintero and the price is very good, so that is my purchase this time!

I also subscribe to all the email notifications the vendors offer. This notifies me when good deals are offered. About 50% of my purchases are from the email offers. I use the same process to evaluate the deal prior to purchase.

So that's it!

Everyone have a happy holiday and a great and safe New Year!

Thank you very much, I am very new at the internet purchasing and you have several sites I have not visited before. I am sure my girlfriend will thank you :r:mn

and when you read the cigar description on the sites, believe every word

if they say it has a creamy butteriness followed by some mellow peppery spice mixed with black cherry and leather, they're probably right ;)

Every noob needs to read this - great post - it saddens me when I see someone spend $200 for a box that can be had elsewhere for $150 with freebies - that's an extra $50 that could go for even MORE sticks. A little research can save you a truckload overtime.:ss

This is one of my favorite resources: http://www.cigarcyclopedia.com/comparisonshopper/

Our Comparison Shopper for cigars sold in the U.S. lists the best cigar prices offered by ten of the lowest-priced online retailers in the country, based primarily on our National Retailer Rankings, now updated for 2006. Please be patient; this is a giant cigar price comparison spreadsheet of more than 3 Mb in size, so it will take 60-90 seconds to load! The money you save will be worth it!

They also have similar information for other types of cigars :D

edit: see mentioned in first post.

Nice thread. Also try these. I'm looking to buy some Padron 1964 Anniversary smokes and they so far these two have the lowest prices. Also, you can get free shipping on the singles at tampa humidor.

www.cigarexpress.com
www.tampahumidor.com

I also believe that cigar express is offering a 10% discount on singles if you mention the blowing smoke podcast which is a podcast I listen too.
Hope someone found this useful.

Excellent Info! I'm new at buying cigars online and didn't know about some of the sources you listed. I've also found cigarbid to be a good source if you do your research well and use autobid to set the upper limit.

once you have done this for a while, you'll tend to know who has the best deals on a consistant basis. the big dealers will sometimes have good specials and carry lots of brands. you need to know about how they ship and how they take care of problems, if there are any.
when you have a go to smoke, or a brand you buy on a regular basis, it can be to your advantage to know some smaller dealers as well. kind of like having a rapport with a b&m so that when he has something he knows you'll like, he'll make sure to take care of you.
i like tatuajes, and i use www.newhavanacigars.com for buying those. i know they have a good supply and will always have a competitive price and shipping is first class.
just my experience from having done this for a few years.

Here is my purchase. Arrived with no problems even over Christmas! The people at JR do a fine job shipping and packaging their products.

PC280019.jpg

Will post a review shortly.

Back