How to store Tubos

megasolo

ChestBeater
I just received a box of Indian Tabac Tubos from cbid.....

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=209264

Anyway I don't really know how I should store them. I have two humidors, one is now FULL :D . The other has a few cigars in it, I think I can fit the whole box of Tubos in it if it take them out of their tubes. Should I do that, or leave them in there tubes in the box stored in my closet? I don't have a coolador yet (thats my next project :w ).

Thanks!

I think that the general consensus is to take them out of the tubes for long term storage. I generally leave mine in the tubes for short term storage. It's kind of a personal preference and about how much room you have. Sounds like you are needing another humidor... but don't leave them in the box and stuck in your closet....

I have some Monte Cristo Tubos and am not sure if they need to be stored in the humidor or not. Since they are sealed, do they need to be in the Humi? I surely don't want to mess up any Monte's, but I am pressed for space. If they don't need to go in there, I'd rather leave them in their boxes tubed since they are sealed. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Cheers :al

I have the (open) box of tubos in my humi with all of the caps off... seems like a decent method... any comments or suggestions?

Either take the caps off or take them out of the tubes in the humi. They need some air other than the air thats in the closed tubes.

Do not take them out of the tubes. Do not take the caps off. If you wan't a truly great cigar In the years to come, they need to be stored In the tubes, caps on. Less oxygen, slows the aging process. A slower aging process, Is best.

RPB67 said:
In order to age cigars, they need air, with caps on no air.

That Is not true. The cigar still receives air through the cap. If Min Ron Nee says leave them on, which he does, I will leave them on.

When you open a box of AT cigars you still smell the sticks...the AT is far from airtight. With AT's there is air exhange, but I am not convinced that dead leaves need to breathe, especially since all of my sticks age better in closed cabinets and AT's rather than out on mahogany. Just my personal experience.

Back