Howdy from Charleston S.C!

On vacation here at some freinds of the Wife and mine. Just wondering if any BOTLS have any suggestions for cigar shops here?

There is the Smoking Lamp on East Bay St. and Tinder Box on Meeting St. across from the market. Where are you staying? I live downtown.

I'm from Charleston but won't be home for a few more days...
New smoker and have only tried "Towne Center Tobacco". They have two locations at least. One in Mt. Pleasant Towne Center and one in North Charleston near Target on Rivers Ave.

Hope that helps..

Totally forgot...for some custom rolled smokes try Lianos Dos Palmas Handmade Cigars. 52 1/2 Wentworth St. (about 3 blocks north of the market). Their smokes are great.

StudentSmoker said:
Totally forgot...for some custom rolled smokes try Lianos Dos Palmas Handmade Cigars. 52 1/2 Wentworth St. (about 3 blocks north of the market). Their smokes are great.

Beat me to this one! I was there in early June, brought back 10 of his custom rolled sticks. I can highly reccommend the Nic Puro Robustos (try the corojo wrapper). Find him on-line at havacigar.com. Enjoy!

Cool guys, I'm staying around Summerville. I went to the tinderbox today and the smooking lamp, picked up some MX2's that I can never find and some edge's. I am going to the custom rolled shop tomorrow. Hey Sville you said they got some Nic tobacco there? That would be great, might have to pick up a bundle or 4! We are going to Savannah in a few days, then I'll be stopping at JR's on the way back up to Va... This might just be the best vacation ever!

Allright so I stopped by the Lianos Dos Palams shop in Charleston. Picked up a bundle of 25, they look and smell like good smokes. They have one guy that rolls them and when I went in he was hard at work. Quite an experience seeing the guy roll them up right there. They had a pretty good selection with their invetory making up the whole store. The owners wife.. MAN! I was woried about her touching my cigars in that her Ya Ya's would fall out and flatten them out into pancakes, Huge! Anyways I'm gona let em rest for about a month and post some reviews, I picked up the Nicuagran puros.

688sonarmen said:
Allright so I stopped by the Lianos Dos Palams shop in Charleston. Picked up a bundle of 25, they look and smell like good smokes. They have one guy that rolls them and when I went in he was hard at work. Quite an experience seeing the guy roll them up right there. They had a pretty good selection with their invetory making up the whole store. The owners wife.. MAN! I was woried about her touching my cigars in that her Ya Ya's would fall out and flatten them out into pancakes, Huge! Anyways I'm gona let em rest for about a month and post some reviews, I picked up the Nicuagran puros.

Fantastic little shop, isn't it! I smoked one of the robustos right in the shop with the owner Scott (did not meet Mariana). Smoked great right out of the display box!

There are a couple of cigar shops in Savannah that I hit also (I did the trip reverse order from you - Savannah first, then Charleston). Both the Savannah shops were Ye Ole Tobacco Shop, but the one closest to the river (card says 280 Eisenhower Dr. (1-800-596-1425) had the best selection, with a walk in humi, and a guy (Mike Harris) who knew his stuff working there. I gifted him a cuban I had with me, he gave me a nice churchill size Don Carlos in return. Smaller shop near the market square has only display cabinets, and nothing fancy.

Both cities are cigar friendly, though I did not smoke indoors at most places. Be sure and hit up The Shrimp Factory on River Road for some great food. Get you a Chattam's Artillery Punch to drink, but not if you plan on driving soon after, as they are big and strong!

Enjoy you trip, both cities are great places!

688sonarmen said:
Cool guys, I'm staying around Summerville. I went to the tinderbox today and the smooking lamp, picked up some MX2's that I can never find and some edge's. I am going to the custom rolled shop tomorrow. Hey Sville you said they got some Nic tobacco there? That would be great, might have to pick up a bundle or 4! We are going to Savannah in a few days, then I'll be stopping at JR's on the way back up to Va... This might just be the best vacation ever!
Be sure to check out Ye Olde Tobacco Shop downtown on Bay Street, in Savannah. There are two locations, but the one on the southside on Eisenhower is a bit stuffy. I don't like it much in there. They've got a great selection of tobacco blends and a decent cigar selection, but you can't beat the service. I like to just stop in and talk to the guy behind the counter, even if I'm not buying anything.

Charleston is a great city. I love it. Some nice shops. Glad you had a great time. RJT

Back