humidification

AAlmeter

HOT for HILLARY!!
anyone using the oasis? my self-prescribed therapy after my surgery this christmas will be to build myself a nice cabinet humidor, about the size of the aristocrats, to hold about 700 cigars. What do you guys who have ones this size recommend for keeping it nice and moist inside??? Cigar oasis thats on the aristocrat page? oasis plus? something else?

AA,

I have had the Cigar Oasis now for about 2 years. I have the original one and yes, it is very good. When you first get it, I recommend a few things.

First, check it constantly to make sure its not running constantly.
The factory setting should be at 70%+/-, mine for some reason came stock set at 75% and the damn thing ran ran ran all day. Next, make sure you are putting it in a humi that has proven to have a good seal. If not, that Oasis will run all day and night until its dry. Make sure you put it in a humi that has ample space because it does take up some room.

The only drawback to the old ones ($83.95 model) is that you have to buy the recharge tanks once the other one dries out. Now they say you can refill it once with distilled water, but I don't know. I tried it once and the Oasis seemed to put out a peculiar smell in the humi, so I ditched the old tank and bought a new one.

The new Cigar Oasis II is supposed to run strictly on distilled water and 50/50 solution I think. I haven't seen one yet but have heard about them. If you have $100 burning a hole in your pocket, jump all over it.

-Justin

Ditto on all that has been said. They work almost too well for me in that I have a whale of a time keeping my humidity down below 66% with mine.

I just recently got the Cigar Oasis Plus. Before that I was using Climmax media. When I added the Cigar Oasis, I left the Climmax beads in there, but now I don't add any water to them. They just act as the stabilizer. When humidity gets low, the Cigar Oasis runs and adds moisture. The Climmax beads absorb some if the humidity gets too high. Between them, I think have a pretty dang stable environment for my precious stogies.

I forgot to mention. Climmax has 65% beads and 70% beads. You might give them a try, Lamar. Just a dish of them sitting on a shelf in your Lissador (or is that Lissadors now?) might help bring your humidity down where you want it.

drc said:
I forgot to mention. Climmax has 65% beads and 70% beads. You might give them a try, Lamar. Just a dish of them sitting on a shelf in your Lissador (or is that Lissadors now?) might help bring your humidity down where you want it.

where can I pick up climaxx beads?

Grinch OUT!

Back