Humidifier Opinions Please

hk3

Alpha Buttcrack
Well, today while I was in Virginia visiting my parents for this long holiday weekend, I purchased yet another humidor. The local B&M here was selling their Perdomo Store display humidor. It's about six feet tall and about two and half/ maybe three feet square. (couldn't resist!)

My question is: In your opinion, who makes the best large humidification unit that would work for something this large? And which ones should I stay away from buying?

Hello...picture please!!!!!:tu

I know I'm dying to get some photos of it but my camera is at home 700 miles north of here!!!!

It's badass!!!!!!!! It's gonna be fun trying to fill this beast! If my ol lady doesn't beat my arse!

I think i have a few friends that could help fill that bad boy...hmmm...did i say that out loud?

:r:r

I'm not familiar with humidification for anything that big.....I'm just a little guy with an 80ct and coolidor.:)

Talk to Bob with aristocrat about the set and forget system...probably one of the best if not the best. No experience other than all the good reviews of his work here on CS.

I have read mixed reviews on the hydra and the CO so I cant help there.

Shawn

Talk to Bob with aristocrat about the set and forget system...probably one of the best if not the best. No experience other than all the good reviews of his work here on CS.

I have read mixed reviews on the hydra and the CO so I cant help there.

Shawn

I thought the hydra's were made for small humi's? I guess I need to do some research on these. THanks.

The hydra is only good for up to 8 cubic feet.

I have a chancellor antique humi which is pretty large. I have 3 1/2lbs of beads and the CO II. I have been running this since febuary and it has been at 65 % rock solid. I am very pleased this far. :tu This thing holds about 1 gallon of distilled water. Last week is the first time I have had to refill it. Hope that helps.

Reactions: hk3
Thanks fella's! I just looked through a few of these links and found some pretty interesting stuff.

This humidor I bought has a dial inside that appears to be made to control a humidifier but it doesn't have the humidifier..... Guess I will probably end up tearing that crap out and tossing it.

Well, today while I was in Virginia visiting my parents for this long holiday weekend, I purchased yet another humidor. The local B&M here was selling their Perdomo Store display humidor. It's about six feet tall and about two and half/ maybe three feet square. (couldn't resist!)

My question is: In your opinion, who makes the best large humidification unit that would work for something this large? And which ones should I stay away from buying?

If I ever need to buy a humi that big, I'm a dead man :hn

Bump..... Anyone else have any advice?

pichers1.jpg

Ok, so here is some photos of what it looks like...... It still needs a little work but overall I think it's a good start. :)

With the lights out in the room so you can see the lights in the top and inside....
Picture1924.jpg

Lights on in the room
Picture1935.jpg

The bottom storage and place for the humidifier that I dont have yet...
Checkout the key pad for entry password.... (keep your friends out)
Picture1926.jpg

The inside where the controls are and the fan for air circulation. That motor in the center slowly turns the table on the top???

Picture1928.jpg

And a picture with both the doors open.
Picture1927.jpg

Sorry my camera takes horrible pictures in low light.

Back