Humidifier question

get used to running out of room(and credit limits). i somehow have ended up with 3 now, 2 climatechs from vigilant, and a third being maintained with the cigar oasis. a long way from a hand me down 50 stick holder.
hang on for the ride! it's gets better and better...
jimmy

Do you put the water in a dish, then put the humidifier mon top of it? Or do you pour the water straight into the humdifier? How do I put the water in?

Usually for the first time charging a credo you would use a 50-50 distilled water solution and Propylene Glycol solution, then only distilled water after that. The reason for that is the 50-50 solution helps retard mold and actually helps with the regulation of the water evaporation as the PG helps the foam retain the water longer. As the PG solution will not evaporate you will only need distilled water there on out to charge it again.

For the first time take your credo, and fill it so the solution will cover the top of the grill, and wait for it to be absorbed. Do not overfill as the solution when placed in the humidor could drip onto your sticks. If there is excess solution take it to the sink and shake the credo to remove any excess, do this until no more solution drips out, wipe dry with a towel and then place it in your humidor.

Hope this helps.

ricmac25 said:
Do you put the water in a dish, then put the humidifier mon top of it? Or do you pour the water straight into the humdifier? How do I put the water in?

Put the water straight in.

AND as Rhino said, 50/50 on the first charge, or second if you already used just water. 50/50 is only needed once in your unit, unless you overfill on a regular basis and flush it all out.

OPT

Back