Humidifiers - question

guinsdan

g u i n s d a n
Does anyone use a MOIST-N-AIRE? I am debating this unit versus beads/Oasis in my wine coolidor. I am debating the following below. I need to cover 12.5 cubic feet.

A) 2.5 pounds of beads
Positive: $60 - $70, easy to maintain, 12.5 cubic feet
Negative: Passive (airflow), storage of beads
B) MOIST-N-AIRE
Positive:$60 - $70, 50 cubic feet
Negative: No mold control?, large, Passive system (airflow)?
C) CIGAR OASIS II XL
Positive:Active (airflow), auxiliary fans power available, mold control
Negative: No listing on cubic feet capacity, $140

Last edited:
Re: Moist-n-aire

I would advise going with a cigar oasis.

The moist n aire unit is quite loud and if you are ever not careful you can have the awful experience of half a gallon of water pouring out into the humidor.

I use a modified moistnaire in my humi but only have it filled with beads and a fan to run if it senses condensation from the chiller........

To see if you like this system get a computer fan have it blow into a plastic tub filled with water, go to home depot and get a humidistat and wire it up. This is the exact same thing and you can build it for under 20$

just my .02

I would advise going with a cigar oasis.

The moist n aire unit is quite loud and if you are ever not careful you can have the awful experience of half a gallon of water pouring out into the humidor.

I use a modified moistnaire in my humi but only have it filled with beads and a fan to run if it senses condensation from the chiller........

To see if you like this system get a computer fan have it blow into a plastic tub filled with water, go to home depot and get a humidistat and wire it up. This is the exact same thing and you can build it for under 20$

just my .02

I have both and would only advise the M&A if you had a large retail style cabinet. You could modify it with beads or some foam to stabalize the water spillage but the water is just in the bottom and will spill very easy if it moved around or bumped.

The CO is a better unit for your application. Just put it on the bottom of the cabinet and you should be all set. For a little extra you could add a couple out fans for circulation. I love my CO units.

Their is another company that is producing a similar unit that looks nice also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LE-VEIL-ELECTRO...1QQihZ016QQcategoryZ11675QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Where did you see a M&A for $60.00? That is about half of retail. I might would consider it for that price....Good Luck, RJT

I have both and would only advise the M&A if you had a large retail style cabinet. You could modify it with beads or some foam to stabalize the water spillage but the water is just in the bottom and will spill very easy if it moved around or bumped.

The CO is a better unit for your application. Just put it on the bottom of the cabinet and you should be all set. For a little extra you could add a couple out fans for circulation. I love my CO units.

Their is another company that is producing a similar unit that looks nice also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LE-VEIL-ELECTRO...1QQihZ016QQcategoryZ11675QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Where did you see a M&A for $60.00? That is about half of retail. I might would consider it for that price....Good Luck, RJT

I have the Oasis XL in my current humi but it is only rated for around 2 cubic feet. I really like it to date but now I need 12.5 cubic feet. The M&A is offered from a B&M i am friends with that no longer uses it.

I have the Oasis XL in my current humi but it is only rated for around 2 cubic feet. I really like it to date but now I need 12.5 cubic feet. The M&A is offered from a B&M i am friends with that no longer uses it.

For that price I might would consider it. If you buy it and dont like it you should be able to put it on Ebay very easy and get your money back. (you might even make a buck or two on it) That is a great deal. As far as mold control I put a small amount of rubbing alcohol in my distilled water and never had a problem. Robert

Last edited:
Back