Humidity holding at 70%

JonW

Young Ape
My newly seasoned 200ct humidor is holding 70% with no beads, or any humidifier in it. I do have 75 or so sticks in there, but thought it strange after a week its still holding at 70. I do have 4 oz. of beads coming from Dave, so that will bring the RH down to 65%.

My newly seasoned 200ct humidor is holding 70% with no beads, or any humidifier in it. I do have 75 or so sticks in there, but thought it strange after a week its still holding at 70. I do have 4 oz. of beads coming from Dave, so that will bring the RH down to 65%.
What's the ambient humidity of the room the humi is located in? That might explain it holding at 70%

If the beads are 65% and you wet them properly, yes, it will come down to 65%.
T-

It is not unusual but it depends.

If you humi was seasoned and your sticks we previously stored at approx. 70 % and you have a good seal it is not unusual for the humi to stay at 70 % especially if your not opening it.

I have both of my units have no active humidification in them and both have a constant RH - I have beads in both of them but only to control the humidity from going higher them my comfort level.

So yes the beads will control the humidity each way. If you want it to drop to 65 % make sure you don't wet them just put them in as is.

What kind of hygrometer do you have? Is it just the analog dial kind that come with some humidors? If so that could be WAY wrong. Goto your local B&M and buy a cheap digital hygrometer.

What kind of hygrometer do you have? Is it just the analog dial kind that come with some humidors? If so that could be WAY wrong. Goto your local B&M and buy a cheap digital hygrometer.
I have a analog hygrometer (salt tested an is 1% off), in my other humidor it is also holding 70% also analog (also salt tested and 9% off)I did order an adjustable digital hygrometer from Dave

Back