Humidity problems

hEmInGwAy_88

Young Chimp
i cant seem to regulate the humidity in my humidor..... when i wake up in the morn i get a good reading of about 72 71 give or take....but when i get home from work it is up around 78-81 rh and the temp is crazy.... could it be the place i have it or is there something i can do to help this discouraging problem?

Yeah, get some beads. And then keep it in a cool place in your home. Also do a little reading around here, a lot of the questions you ask can be answered with a little looking. :tu

Again, do a little looking around here, start with the "Stickies", the Newbie Sampler Trade is one of them :tu

Last edited:
i cant seem to regulate the humidity in my humidor..... when i wake up in the morn i get a good reading of about 72 71 give or take....but when i get home from work it is up around 78-81 rh and the temp is crazy.... could it be the place i have it or is there something i can do to help this discouraging problem?

You wanna find a cool spot in your house. Usually a dark closet works best:tu

Also, like Adam said get yourself some beads. They make a world of difference.

What is the temp in the morning vs the time you get home?

The reading would be contrary to physics if both the RH AND temperature were higher in the afternoon - two things come to mind, bad gauge or bad seal on the humidor.

Back