Humidor and Pipe Tobacco

goatfarmer

ChestBeater
Is it possible to salvage a humidor that has been used for storing pipe tobacco. Purchased 'desk top' humi many yrs ago, short lived, went to 'end table' type. Meantime 'desk' type sat dormant so thought what the heck. Don't smoke pipes anymore, since joining CS the 'end table' is getting crowded, thought I could gain space if the smaller humi is used for my daily smokers, still has pipe tobacco in it. Any opinions, perhaps let it air out for couple weeks, and or use some type of neutralizing agent. It could make for an interesting smoke.

With places like Taboo selling humidors for next to nothing I would say just pick up a new desktop.

I wish I could help with getting the smell out.

airing it out in the sun or putting a dish of baking soda in it closed may help-after that you could lightly sand the interior w/220 grit to refresh the cedar smell-good luck

Browsed internet today, there are some reasonable humidors out there. I will try airing and soda solution, or something simular. The humi is a nice box made by craftsman who has since retired so it has a local flavor to it. Appreciate the feedback.:ss

Back