Humidor Help for a Newbie

stogie4u4me

ChestBeater
I am very new to this humidor thing. I have been keeping some cigars in a cooler with beads soaked with distilled water. My wife want's me to purchase a humidor so that it will look better in the living room. Any suggestions to brand, method of humidifing etc.?

First of all, welcome to club stogie :D

Second, you gotta give us some more details man. How much space do you need? How much do you want to spend?

Looks like you want a furniture piece.

Something like this?

HUMIDORS-CABINET-END-TABLE-HUMIDOR-FOR-CIGAR.jpg

Welcome to CS!
There are alot of nice humidors out there...so I was going to ask you the same questions as Seanohue.

Welcome!

There are a number of good threads on this in both this forum and the Questions - Accessories forum. With that being said, how many cigars are you trying to hold (aka what size cooler do you want to replace)? Beads work great for smaller size humdors such as desktops and small cabinets but for anything much larger or anything you want to be able to go in and out of frequently you may want to consider either a Set and Forget from Stabil or a Cigar Oasis XL both of which are active humidifiers.

Personally, I have a Republic Humidors 150 ct. Glass Top model I found on the bay and it works pretty good for me although I would have gone bigger had I had more foresight...

I really don't have too much money to spend. However I have a shipment coming in from Sweden of about 50 cigars. This about my maximum amount to store.

Back