Humidor help

Joe

Young Ape
I have a old Benson and hedges HUmidor with a copper box lining for the cigars and it sits inside a lined box with cork i hava a cigar oasis in there do you think i should line with cedar also i have the oasis on 79 you would think my cigars would be like sponges but there not also i checked for leaks with a flashlight in the dark and i dont see nothing also i have a hygrometer in there and it reads alot less then the oasis what do you guys suggest I bought the oasis because i thought my problems were over but i still have to fill the oasis at least every 2 weeks

How big is this humidor? (a pic of the setup might help).There is no reason I can think of to refill a oasis every two weeks.

I imagine the humidor is not the greatest at holding humidity but the oasis should be over powering any leaks. Really odd issue, I agree pictures of the humi might help out so we know what you're dealing with.

The only reason I would think that a oasis is being refilled every two weeks on a humi that size is there has to be a serious leak. In the picture the humi doesnt look to be very big and I would think an oasis would be overkill. I would figure a tube of beads would be more than enough.

I think the first thing to check is to make sure which of the hygrometers is wrong either the one on the oasis or the seperate one. Either way I think there has to be a leak in the humi itself to need to refill every 2 weeks.

That's a beautiful humidor. Since it is so old I bet the seals are just giving out and its gapping. Looks like slight damage on the front right where the box closes. Maybe get some insulating foam strips and try to seal it better on the top and bottom so the strips meet when it closes. Not really sure how you could go about sealing a desktop, might get tricky. Shame to give up on such a nice humidor though.

That's a beautiful humidor. Since it is so old I bet the seals are just giving out and its gapping. Looks like slight damage on the front right where the box closes. Maybe get some insulating foam strips and try to seal it better on the top and bottom so the strips meet when it closes. Not really sure how you could go about sealing a desktop, might get tricky. Shame to give up on such a nice humidor though.

:tpd:

thanks i am gona try and seal it better then drop a insence in it and see if i smell anything in it .the top was all leather but it was ripped so i removed it and tryed to sand it and stain it but it gets a lot of use and it looks like it .

thanks i am gona try and seal it better then drop a insence in it and see if i smell anything in it .the top was all leather but it was ripped so i removed it and tryed to sand it and stain it but it gets a lot of use and it looks like it .

I think I would stay away from the insence, I think it would ruin the humi.

just reseason after repairing the seal my:2

I think I would stay away from the insence, I think it would ruin the humi.

just reseason after repairing the seal my:2
I added some seal all around the inside and light a 1/2 cigar and droped in a ass tray and closed it i seen nothing and smelled nothing so it has to be tight now i hope

Thanks for all the replys

Back