Humidor in a Humidor?

Opusfxd

Lowland Gorilla
I've got some trays and I went out and got some empty boxes to store my singles in as well as some boxes with their "factory contents". So I picked up a couple real cheap 20 count humis on cbid (they was purdy) and was wondering if anyone has used one of those to store cigars in their coolers or whatever? It should work shouldn't it? I've got a nicer box of smokes that seems to seal relatively well, so the humi should pick up the RH too shouldn't it?

Thanks.

I've got some trays and I went out and got some empty boxes to store my singles in as well as some boxes with their "factory contents". So I picked up a couple real cheap 20 count humis on cbid (they was purdy) and was wondering if anyone has used one of those to store cigars in their coolers or whatever? It should work shouldn't it? I've got a nicer box of smokes that seems to seal relatively well, so the humi should pick up the RH too shouldn't it?

Thanks.
Yeah I have a 50 Ct. and one of the Brand Humis that CI sells in my Avanti. Oh and the seal works both ways, keeps RH in and keeps RH out. Just have to have some kind of humidification device inside them. :tu

I do this. I've got a great big cooler stuffed with the 20 count humidors off cbid.

I do not use any sort of humidification device inside the humidors, just beads and an Oust fan inside the cooler. The cigars are very happy and come out perfect.

My question is that if the Humi is supposed to have a complete seal, would it not be sealed off from the beads in the cooler? This is different than a cigar box in a humi, because I don't think all boxes have a good seal on them.

I keep several small count humidors in my 165 Qt cooler. Once the small humidors where seasoned and up to RH I put them in the cooler for storage. The Igloo cooler has it's own system of silica beads that I monitor with a Oregon Scientific remote sensor. There is no need to place additional humidification in the smaller humidors once seasoned. In fact if you have the space you can even place an empty small count humidor in the cooler for some slow seasoning. IMHO

Back