Humidor prices?

Mercenary357

Newbie in the jungle
I am new to the cigar world and feel like I haven't stopped reading all of the info about them. I have read everything from how to light and how to cut. How to store cigars and the different types of humidors that are used. I guess the questions I have is, what is the cheapest humidor you guys would feel comfortable with?

The reason I ask is because I have seen plenty of humidors that will hold around 100 smokes, about all I need, and they want maybe $50 or $60. Then I have seen others that will only hold around 20-25 and they want $100 for the thing. Keep in mind I am new to this and money is a little tight, plus I only want something that will hold around 100 cigars.

I know that the seal is the most important thing and I figured as long as it seals it should be good, right? Let me know what you guys think and I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

If it were me I would spend the 50 bucks on a cooler and get some beads from heartfelt or cigarmony. It's the cheapest way to hold the most cigars. Believe me......If you hang around this board and get involved you will be needing a cooler. :2

If you prefer a desktop humidor then checkout cigarmony, Tampa humidor, and Cheap Humidors. If you do a search on these vendors you will see that most people are happy with their service and prices.

I have several tupperdors for my cigars, and I would rather spend my money on more cigars than a humidor.

Last year, to celebrate the finishing of my PhD, my mother sent me a £400 humidor which could hold 50 cigars. However, as I had just finished studying, I was very poor and smoked primarily Piedras. The whole experience was very frustrating, as I would rather have had cigars for my tupperdors instead of an almost empty wooden box. So, I called the tobacconist, and he kindly agreed to take the humi back and exchange it for cigars. Needless to say, I was much happier with many full tupperdors, instead of an empty humidor.
:ss:ss:ss

I just picked up a really nice humidor from cheaphumidors.com from the imperfect section...I'm sure you'll find something in that price range and cig count. If you don't care for the furniture then just get a small cooler and load it appropraitely AKA "Coolidor" and spend the other few bucks left on sticks.

Great advice.. I like have a humi, i have one that holds about 100, got it for $75 worked great. My next project is getting the coolador set up for mass storage. I think anyone in the gar business needa a humi but thats just me. If the budget is tight, definatly get the stogies before the box.

I just picked up a really nice humidor from cheaphumidors.com from the imperfect section...I'm sure you'll find something in that price range and cig count.

Great site! With the prices in the imperfect section, even I might get a humidor after all...

May I suggest one with a glass top...Perfect for walking by and glancing in at the beauties!:tu

I picked up this new 100ct for $64 shipped from Tampa Humidors auction section of their e-bay site. But as mentioned, you WILL end up needing more room. The coolerdor would give you the extra room for the same or less money. I started with a 50 and a 20 count, then this 100 and also picked up a 20 travel humi. As of this point in time they are all stuffed. :ss

attachment.php

May I suggest one with a glass top...Perfect for walking by and glancing in at the beauties!:tu

Unfortunately, I had a difficult time maintaining Rh and Temp. because of the drastic temp. change, in the course of a day, in my neck of the woods. If not an issue, the glass enclosed humi's are really nice. :tu

I have plenty of humidors starting in the $50 range. I can usually give a 5% - 10% discount as a forum member if you find something you like.
Let me know if I can be of any help

Dave

I still have the Memorial Day sale setup at Elite Humidors.

http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=159033

CheapHumidors.com is also really good. I bought my first humidor from them. Ebay is a hit or miss when it comes to quality so stay away from that. A cooler is a great way to store cigars as well. If you don't care about presentation too much just get a cooler and some beads.

Back