Hydra fan question

MikeyC

SilverBack
Late last week I bought a Hydra with a fan kit and two fans from Ron at Cigar Solutions for my 300 count desktop humi. Formerly I had about 6 oz. of 65% beads in there and I just wanted the humidity to be a little more even throughout the humi and I wanted it to be a little higher. So, I got the Hydra. Thanks Ron for the GREAT deal and the speedy shipping.

Anyway, I set it all up last night. It's been running A LOT but I had the humi open for a few hours while re-arranging everything to fit the Hydra in. I put the Hydra in the middle of the bottom section then I put one fan in the lower tray blowing sideways and two fans in the top tray blowing sideways and the other blowing down.

So my question is how do you guys attach your fans to the humi? The ones I have blowing sideways keep falling over. I was thinking maybe some velcro. I need to be able to remove the fans as the two trays need to come out of the humi in order to access the lower storage area. What do you guys do?

Late last week I bought a Hydra with a fan kit and two fans from Ron at Cigar Solutions for my 300 count desktop humi. Formerly I had about 6 oz. of 65% beads in there and I just wanted the humidity to be a little more even throughout the humi and I wanted it to be a little higher. So, I got the Hydra. Thanks Ron for the GREAT deal and the speedy shipping.

Anyway, I set it all up last night. It's been running A LOT but I had the humi open for a few hours while re-arranging everything to fit the Hydra in. I put the Hydra in the middle of the bottom section then I put one fan in the lower tray blowing sideways and two fans in the top tray blowing sideways and the other blowing down.

So my question is how do you guys attach your fans to the humi? The ones I have blowing sideways keep falling over. I was thinking maybe some velcro. I need to be able to remove the fans as the two trays need to come out of the humi in order to access the lower storage area. What do you guys do?

velcro or 2 sided tape

That's what I thought. Thanks Ron.

Follow up question . . .

I'd also be interested in getting some sort of grill/cover for the accessory fans. If a cigar gets too close I don't want it to get a hair cut! :ss

Does anyone know where I can pick one up in this size? I've seen plenty of fan covers just not this small.

Back