Hygrometer.....calibur III?????

4thtry

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I need a new hygrometer for my new desktop humi.

I've been using analog in my old one and now i need a digital. Is one brand of digital hygro better than any other??? I hear alot of you use the Calibur III's.....im guessing that's the best to go with.

Just wanted to hear what you all suggest on the issue before i order something subpar.

(i did search but most threads i found were about calibration of hygros & etc, instead of which to buy)

thanks in advance
James

I have 3 Western digitals and another one from madelaine (sp?). Not adjustable, but within a few degrees of right. I'm not anal about keeping a specific RH, I just don't want dry or overly moist sticks. Along with RH beads, I'm good. Many people say the batteries that come with WD's need to be replaced immediately - keep that in mind.

Still on my first battery in my Calibur III. Had one of those 'safety tabs' that kept the battery from being activated when I bought it.

Very pleased with mine, and paid $19.99 at JR's for it. I'd think that's a good price, and haven't found them significantly cheaper elsewhere!

I have the walmart 7 dollar digital hygrometer and it read 74% after the salt test.

I went through 3 of those... Also took two or three days to get a 'close to' accurate reading. The refresh rate on them seemed waaaaayyyy to slow, so I gave up.

Glad I kept my receipt all three times.

Back