Hygrometers

Volt

Chestbeating Pack Leader
Ok, 3 Hygrometers....

24 hours in the salt test.

#1 - 70%
#2 - 68%
#3 - 69%

Put all three in the coolador - same location... I get a spread of 8 points... Can I buy a clue?

Ok, 3 Hygrometers....

24 hours in the salt test.

#1 - 70%
#2 - 68%
#3 - 69%

Put all three in the coolador - same location... I get a spread of 8 points... Can I buy a clue?

how long were they in the coolador?

I had some boiled crabs the other night. They were great!!!!!:tu

Umm try shaking the cooler opening and closing it a bunch of times and then see what it says. I have no idea buddy. I told you that you had something coming if you didn't pipe down:D

Hmm .. they are 5-7% low (absolute, higher relative) in the salt and have a range of 2% (absolute, higher relative) in there. In the humidor they have a range of 8% (absolute). Strange .. I have no clue. But tell me this, what is the range in the humidor (60-68 or something else)? It appears the linearity is off ..but there is no way to adjust that.

What did they read in the cooler?

A lot of hygrometers are non-linear, so the further they are from what they were calibrated at, the more percentage they will be off.

Salt test in a small air tight container. I just swapped out batteries and wanted a new baseline on them.

If they were of the same amout as the salt in the coolador, I'd be ok. but the measurements are all scattered with no rhyme or reason... Or even the same percentage ( I checked the math, did not want to bore you with the numbers).

Anywhere from 65% to 70% I'm happy. Closer to 65% is better. Just wish the measurements were acting corect.

Try retesting them in an air tight container in the cooler.

I had a similar situation a few weeks ago trying to get a line on all mine. I tested them in "household" conditions and got jumps all over the place when I put them in the vino. I retested them all together in a bag in the vino, wrote all the numbers down and checked them again.

They are now reading what the test results said they would.

Chas

typical digitals sold by cigarmony, Taboo, etc.. One adjustable and 2 non.

If they are different units, they can and likely will function differently depending on the circumstances. All depends on the circuit they employ. SeanGAR is on the right track with linearity issues. I have 4 Calibers, they are all off by two to four points.

It really doesn't matter if they're off so long as you use it as a 'relative' RH meter.

All this fancy talk is making me crazy. Are all 3 hygros in the same place in the cooler? If you answer yes then you might have an issue. If not then itr is probably due to airflow. Do you have a fan or fans in the cooler?

I had a similar issue in my vino. I got some Shilals beads ( THE BEST ON THE MARKET BY FAR) and turned my fan on full-time and the problem was solved.:2

All three are side by side - same location in the coolador (I wanted to see real life as opposed to teh salt test). 1 is adj, 2 are not.

As originally tested with the salt, they are all three about dead on, close enough for govt work... What has me irked is:

1. In theory, they should be the same in the coolador.

2. Even if they are out, one would think the would be out porportionaly/linear as compared to the salt test numbers, they are not.

3. Gonna retest them in the coolador as Chas mentioned, then no more worries. I'm not anal enough tosweat the little $hit. As long as they are close and smoke good, life's gonna be good.

Back