Hygroset II

King1of3

Maturing Primate
I just bought two hygroset II for my vinotemp. Put each one in separate ziplocks with a small bowl of salt - a little bit wetter than beach sand after the tide. Both read same temp and each say 72% RH. Could it be coincidence that both are -3 on RH or is the little soupyness creating a bad reading? They have been sealed for around 48 hours. Any thoughts?

Thanks

is it double bagged?

not near a fan, air vent or window?

Both can affect readings. It is noce that atleast they are matched so you wont have to worry too much about numbers

I had bad luck when I used ziplocks, I got all sorts of different readings. Finally I got one of those Lock 'N' Seals or whatever from target, the tupperware container with the gasket on the seal.. Got alot better results with that. Just an idea.

a small bowl of salt - a little bit wetter than beach sand after the tide. Could it be coincidence that both are -3 on RH or is the little soupyness creating a bad reading?

Thanks

If anything, too much water in the salt will make them read high not low. I would try the tupperware container as previously suggested.

I just tested my hygroset and my hygro from heartfelt and they both read exactly the same also. Both were in the same bag

Back