HygroSet Vs. Caliber III

NAV3

Young Ape
I just got a HygroSet but I'm not too sure about it's accuracy, and as I'm returning the other thing i bought (Cigar Oasis Ultra: Total garbage IMO), i've been considering returning this too. As I was calibrating it with the Boveda Kit (maybe the Boveda was the problem?) I noticed that after 24 hours the humidity would be vastly different depending on the temp, as In a 4% change between 68 degrees and 70 degrees. I saw that people had varied results below 70 degrees though with the Boveda Kit. I've read only good things on the Caliber III. Anyone partial to either?

Thanks,
Andrew :ss

I can't give you any technical information. But as to personal preference, I wish I had never bought the caliber..I have both :hn

after the 24 hours did you recalibrate the Hygro to the differential with the dial and then hit the set button? If you dial in the correct RH but forget to hit the set button, then your changes will not take

i can't speak for the Caliber III but i picked up two Caliber II's for 15bucks each at my local B&M and i love them. I use them both in my 300ct humi and seem to be right on the dot with the two other hygrometers i use which i've salt tested. (yea i know im anal about my humi with 4hygrometers)

after the 24 hours did you recalibrate the Hygro to the differential with the dial and then hit the set button? If you dial in the correct RH but forget to hit the set button, then your changes will not take

yeah I calibrated with a Boveda bag and did hit the set button.

Back