I found some long forgotten cigars in my house

n3uka

Say no to curried goat!
I was moving a couple of boxes around in a storage room in my house and found this thompsons briefcase humidor with the cigars still in it. The box had never been opened. I really don't remember buying it. It is the briefcase with a golf bag lighter, cutter and 2 sets of thompson cigars in tubos. I believe it was called the golfers weekender pack. Funny, I don't even golf. I am guessing it must be 3 to 4 years old. I wonder if the cigars are still good. Might have to bring these to a herf to see if anyone is daring enough to try one.

p1000174.jpg

p1000175.jpg

p1000178.jpg

:r I want to someday have enough cigars that I lose a briefcase full of them. Seriously, nice find! Beats the heck out of finding 5.00 in an old suit jacket ;)

Is the briefcase Humdified? I'd pull one of those Out an torch it, Actually you could probably tell before you even light it.:ss

The tubes being unopened, the cigars are likely to be OK, condition-wise. Taste-wise, weeellllll now, that's a horse of a different color!

May the Tobacco Gods smile upon you as you find out!

:cb

The tubes being unopened, the cigars are likely to be OK, condition-wise. Taste-wise, weeellllll now, that's a horse of a different color!

May the Tobacco Gods smile upon you as you find out!

:cb
:tpd:

To be honest, I doubt those were ever what could be considered premium cigars, but you never know, 3 years aging in a tubo could have made them alright!

heheheh should fire them out to people so they can smoke and do a review of your 'find!'.

now that would be dangerous...but fun!

well that is a pretty cool humidor, i'm not too sure about the sticks, but the golf bag lighter is pretty dam sweet:)

heheheh should fire them out to people so they can smoke and do a review of your 'find!'.

now that would be dangerous...but fun!

so what is your addy again?
That might be a fun idea.
Will have to figure out a reward for the review.

the glass sealed off ones are probly decent haha. No harm from the environment, but it might have been a golf'ers gnaw stick to begin with right away-

I was moving a couple of boxes around in a storage room in my house and found this thompsons briefcase humidor with the cigars still in it. The box had never been opened. I really don't remember buying it. It is the briefcase with a golf bag lighter, cutter and 2 sets of thompson cigars in tubos. I believe it was called the golfers weekender pack. Funny, I don't even golf. I am guessing it must be 3 to 4 years old. I wonder if the cigars are still good. Might have to bring these to a herf to see if anyone is daring enough to try one.

There is the true issue with your statement. Thompsons are NEVER good, but they may still have the ability to light the tobacco....:D :r

Back