I got a Palio today

Brad

Young Ape
A cutter is one of those things that you never really know how crappy yours is until you try a better one. I got a Palio off eBay from a member here (thanks Dave!) and my first impression was it looks like a black plastic cutter that shouldn't cost $30.

Then I used it.

The subject was a Partagas black label gigante, a 60 ring gauge cigar, and it sliced right though it with little to no effort. No mashing, no crunching, went through just like a lazer beam. Perfectly even and flat. It's the best cut that I've ever done on a cigar, I can tell you that much. I know it's not cheap, and until today I was one of those guys that wouldn't spend more than $10 on a cutter, but it's really worth it. Why spend hundreds, or thousands, of dollars on sticks and then have them get mashed up by a piece of crap cutter.

I have seen the light, get a Palio!

:ss

I agree. I cut my cigars with crappy cutter's for 17 years until the all the gorilla talk about Palio's got to me. So much wasted time. So many mangled cigars. Sigh.

WyoBob

I agree. Been wanting one, but no $$$. I used one at a herf last Sat. Very nice. I definitly prefer it over the Xikar action.

I agree, It's the only cutter that I actually use out of the drawer full I got and thats because it works :tu

I used a Xikar for a while, saw all the talk about Palios and thought how much better could they be? I got one and the Xikar has been gathering dust since...great cutter!

I picked up a palio a few months back, and I am loving it. I can't wait to see what the new design looks like. You can never have to many Palio's. One for the truck, one for the house, one for work, and if you have extras you can always bomb them.:tu

Back