I have a new favorite cheap beer.

AD720

Alpha Silverback
I am a certified, dyed in the wool Yuengling Lager lover. I think my first beer (stolen out of my parents fridge) was a Lager. I drank 24 on my 21st (not recommended). I always have at least 12 in the beer fridge. I stock dozens of microbrews from all over the US and boutiques from the rest of the civilized world.

My friends, I think there is a contender to the throne.

Yes, there is a new bargain beer in my life. And thy name be Lionshead.

At around $12 a case I dare any brewer to best it.

That is all.

I am a certified, dyed in the wool Yuengling Lager lover. I think my first beer (stolen out of my parents fridge) was a Lager. I drank 24 on my 21st (not recommended). I always have at least 12 in the beer fridge. I stock dozens of microbrews from all over the US and boutiques from the rest of the civilized world.

My friends, I think there is a contender to the throne.

Yes, there is a new bargain beer in my life. And thy name be Lionshead.

At around $12 a case I dare any brewer to best it.

That is all.

shhhh.... dont let anyone know about Lionshead. :ss

I never heard of this beer till I was in Fla last month...Great stuff! My family had the fridge full of Yuengling.

Straub is brewed in St. Marys PA I believe. I went camping in Elk County last month and the cabin prolly 15-20 miles from St. Marys. Sadly St Mary's is the biggest town around, which is a good thing when your camping i guess.

I personally never tried it, would like to just because its brewed in PA and so close to where the cabin I stay at is. I do like Yuengling though.

straub!:tu Only had it once and I think the guys who got it had to drink like an hour and a half into PA but damn was it worth it. Is there any way to special order stuff like that off the internet?

I have to go over the border into NY state to buy Yingy. I'm always looking for good & cheap anything but I rarely find it. I'll look for Lionhead

Can't get it in Massachusetts so if I want cheap beer, I still rely on Old Milwaukee Ice 40 oz bottles. In college at Dartmouth the cheap beer of choice was GeneseeCream Ale or Utica Club. Made some of the nastiest farts ever, especially on the tail end of a tacos and tequila party at the house.:ss

I still have a fond place in my beer-heart for Hamm's. Haven't looked for it in a long time--don't even know if it's still available. But back in college during the early 80s, you couldn't beat it for $5/case on sale at Kroger :chk

I'm not a big fan of Yuengling at all, and it's everywhere down here in South Jersey. For my cheapie I'll go with the Beast every time...

Straub is brewed in St. Marys PA I believe. I went camping in Elk County last month and the cabin prolly 15-20 miles from St. Marys. Sadly St Mary's is the biggest town around, which is a good thing when your camping i guess.

I personally never tried it, would like to just because its brewed in PA and so close to where the cabin I stay at is. I do like Yuengling though.

Yep, brewed in St Marys. They have Straub and Straub dark, as well as an eternal tab at the brewery. My cousin's husband makes a point of stopping at the brewery often, as he travels between DC and southern NY a lot.

I once knew a girl from St Marys too....wish I still did. :tu

I was in Atlanta a couple weeks ago and attended a beer festival. Of the 100 or so fantastic beers available, the one that they ran out of was PBR.

Can't get it in Massachusetts so if I want cheap beer, I still rely on Old Milwaukee Ice 40 oz bottles. In college at Dartmouth the cheap beer of choice was GeneseeCream Ale or Utica Club. Made some of the nastiest farts ever, especially on the tail end of a tacos and tequila party at the house.:ss
Man! I haven't had a Genesse Cream Ale since 1982 when I was stationed in Gloucester City, NJ. A good cheap beer they used to make in Texas was Pearl Cream Ale but I haven't seen it in years. Lonestar was a good cheap beer before it became famous in country music songs but only when it was in bottles.

Anyone knows if they still make Stroh's?

Another favorite I used to drink when I was stationed in Seattle was Heidleburg Alt but the brewery was bought, sold and bought and sold out of existence.

Back