I Love Strong Tastes

Mister Moo

The Pinnacle of Style
This could be a :chk and the egg thing, since smoking is alledged to suppress your ability to taste but, even before I smoked, I loved strong tasting things. Do cigar/pipe smokers in general crave kick-ass flavors?

I lean to:

cigars (heavy cigars - maduros, and strong cigars in general);
pipe (balkan blends, esp.)
licorice (stgronger the better)
spices (heat and/or flavor - e.g., Thai, Indonesian, Szechuan, etc.)
stout (I'd take a Guinness to a lager any day)

Have fun now because when you get into your 50s and 60s its milk toast or you are up all night..

Jerry in Minnesota.

Have fun now because when you get into your 50s and 60s its milk toast or you are up all night..

Jerry in Minnesota.

Err,I think hes holding up pretty well then :D

I'm with you Dan...full or strong is almost always more enjoyable to me...

Err,I think hes holding up pretty well then :D

I'm with you Dan...full or strong is almost always more enjoyable to me...
:r I guess Jerry missed my rotten eyeball and collapsing spine episodes. Yet, I persist. Either that or he was talking about, uh... never mind.

I prefer stronger flavors too...But some lighter fare is good for a change. The ERDM Choix Supreme comes to mind. It's a lighter smoke but it has many subtle flavors that come out.

Beer wise I love to be bowled over by hops...IPA's ect.

Absolutely true. If I order spicy food, I want it to make me sweat. I want garlic coming out of pores when I cook with it. I want cigars that I can wrap my taste buds around. When I am drinking quality beer, I want it to pop with flavor on my tongue (stouts, porters, IPA). Although lighter fare is also acceptable when the mood strikes.

Is it possible that we are also more experimentative? I have tried chipotle beer (kind of interesting), and an astonishing amount of different foods that some just turn their noses up at without even giving a shot.

I agree with ya Mister Moo!!

Black pepper and hot sauce on almost everything. Don't get me started on chinese food. Hot mustard and or wasabi to the point where you feel like someone punched you in the nose...once you ride it out, you add a little more and try it again!

Love flavor and spice!

Full, strong, dark, hot, thick, rich, and if Satan had a hot sauce it would taste like this are all words I love to hear.

Back