i love the Partagas black label

I like 'em too. :)

Try La Aroma de Cuba, the Robusto size is around $4 a stick and they are very nice and semi-similar. :cool:

Welcome to the jungle!
I enjoy the Party Blacks also. A few other cigars with medium body and slightly sweet, spicy flavors I smoke are.........Gran Habanos#3, La Flor Dominicana2000(#2my fav}, Perdomo2 Maduros and Fuente Hemingways or Sungrowns.:2

Nice neighborhood, Partegas Black.
Oliva Grand Maduro box press are nice smokes - reasonable $
Onyx Reserve - same.

ummmm.... nothing like smoking burnt tires. :pu

Just kidding (well, not about my dislike for these sticks) but I know there are a lot of guys who like 'em. Too strong and not the kind of flavor I like. I know this doesn't answer your question, but oh well. :rolleyes:

Mister MaDuroo said:
Nice neighborhood, Partegas Black.
Oliva Grand Maduro box press are nice smokes - reasonable $
Onyx Reserve - same.

Personally, I wouldn't put Onyx Reserve in the same neighborhood or even city as Partagas Black. I actually like an Onyx Reserve from time to time, and in my opinion, it has a much different profile than a PB.

DAFU said:
Welcome to the jungle!
I enjoy the Party Blacks also. A few other cigars with medium body and slightly sweet, spicy flavors I smoke are.........Gran Habanos#3, La Flor Dominicana2000(#2my fav}, Perdomo2 Maduros and Fuente Hemingways or Sungrowns.:2
yes i like the Hemingways and sungrown also.just something about the looks of the Partagas that makes me want to smoke it forever.

I have a friend that likes those and the spanish rosada's a lot. He also likes the Rocky Patel Vintage 1990's. The El Rey Del Mundo Oscuro Robustos and the La Gloria Cubana wavell maduro.

King Cat said:
Personally, I wouldn't put Onyx Reserve in the same neighborhood or even city as Partagas Black. I actually like an Onyx Reserve from time to time, and in my opinion, it has a much different profile than a PB.

I don't know King Cat, I think the onyx Reserve is a pretty close match with these. At least with the mini beli's. I've smoked through a box of each of these and think they are pretty close.

If you like PM me your addy and I'll send ya a PB with at least a year age on it and see what ya think.

Hmmm... well, I certainly could be proven wrong. Maybe I'll take you up on your offer. ;)

I bought a box of PB last year, and to be fair, I didn't age them all that long before I traded them. However the Onyx Reserves that I've had were more to my liking. It would be interesting though to have another crack at some burnt tire with a year of age on 'em :D

theromulus said:
I have a friend that likes those and the spanish rosada's a lot. He also likes the Rocky Patel Vintage 1990's. The El Rey Del Mundo Oscuro Robustos and the La Gloria Cubana wavell maduro.
i have a couple of the RP's resting. cant wait to try them:) :)

Never had the Partagas black, but I really enjoy the Onyx Reserves, I may have to try the Partagas, bottom line is to smoke what you like, that's what it's all about. :w

I love partagas blacks. I found a box of bravos hidden at the bottom of a pile of classico boxes at work the other day. We haven't had bravos on the shelf in a good two years. I don't know exactly how long that box has been sitting, but they were no longer partagas blacks. They were more partagas medium browns, and the cello was piss yellow.

Oh man I had the Magnifico a few weeks ago. Those are some good cigars. Hmmm. Thinking about your question...maayyybe a CAO MX2. I can't remember. It's been awhile since i had one. The first i had was right out of the B&M and it was quite spicy and a bit green so i bought another and let it age around 3 months and she lost some of the pepper taste. Quite a good smoke. I'm sure some of the other BOTL's will be more able to tell you if an MX2 and Part. Black are similar in flavor. If not, then I'd say to give one a wing. Pretty good smoke, especially with some age.

Similiar profile to PB, IMHO, is the ERdM Robusto Larga Oscuro. Pretty mild, nutty/creamy, and decently priced. :2

dadof3illinois said:
I don't know King Cat, I think the onyx Reserve is a pretty close match with these. At least with the mini beli's. I've smoked through a box of each of these and think they are pretty close.

If you like PM me your addy and I'll send ya a PB with at least a year age on it and see what ya think.

Daddy-Tre-Illini speaks the trooth KingCat - and makes the wicked fine offer to back it up. I've had sticks (not Partagas blacks particularly - National and Punch, most recently) that ranged from very good to burning tires. Maybe you just got one green PB mutt from a box of champions. If you like the odd Onyx, try again.

madurolover said:
i had the MX2 and although i like the CAO's it didn't measure up to the partagas IMHO.

I agree with ya. I really do htink the Part. Black was a more enjoyable smoke. And at close to the same price, it's probably the way to go.

The Black is my current favorite (have half a box taking up space in TShailer's "coolerdor" [much to his consternation] that's been aging for almost a year). Sparked up an El Rey del Mundo robusto a couple nights ago, and it's a really decent choice, too.

Back