I may be hung for this (EEEP)

CHRONO14

Mid 20's Gorilla
Well I guess I can start out at the beginning. When I first got into smoking cigars (i.e. smoking enough to buy a cutter and lighter, this being a few years ago) I bought what I thought to be a decent cutter :r a Cuban Crafters double guillotine U-shaped cutter the two-tone one with all those little screws. I still own it but after a few months the screws started falling out and the cutter came apart. Didn't think much of it thought maybe I just broke it or was rough on it so I bought another one (same thing happened). At that point I'm figuring wth is wrong with this company. Go back to the B&M and they recommend another cc cutter a euro style flat cutter, I figure maybe its just that model (I actually love this cutter and was the only one I owned for several years until I bought a perfect cutter from cc, a xikar and a palio). I finally get around to wanting to purchase a punch and decide to go with a mahogany body model from cc (I guess I have trouble learning lessons). I don't even get to use it and the ring around the body falls off. At this point I'm pretty pissed and shoot out an e-mail ( I know they have a lifetime warranty but I figure why should I pay for shipping on this when all the problems I've had have been blatant manufacturer defects). Basically the e-mail said that after being a loyal customer of theirs for years I want to know why all but one of the cutters I've bought have from them have been crap. Within a few days I begin receiving e-mails back from them customer service along with their operations director. Basically they are sending me two of their "perfect" cutters, a new punch and a cigar of theirs that hasn't been released yet. I'm by no means saying they have great customer service or products (hell its crap shoot) but some of their products have worked well for me like the euro cutter, three blade cutter, and perfect cutter. Once I got around to finally e-mailing them they responded pretty quickly and satisfied me. I probably won't be buying any new cutters from them though when there is so many other dependable ones out there. I really wish they made dependable products because some of their items are actually great ideas, just not worth my time or money to send them in for new ones every few months.

I have a Davidoff Zino dbl blade guillotine cutter that is made with stainless steel blades and a white plastic body , I've been using for close to 10 years , works great every time . I've dropped it and never had any trouble . I'm so happy with it that I have no reason to try a Palio or a Xikar .

My first cutter was a CC as well. It never fell apart but it seemed to be rather dull. After a few months it was doing more cigar smashing rather than cutting. I have since moved onto Xikar, and Palio and have had no problems with either.

Like anything else, you get what you pay for. But the quick and positive response from CC is a good sign that they are in it for the long haul and want to take care of their customers.

Thanks for sharing.

Doc

if you still have the ones the screws fell out of, a dab of red loctite and you have no more issues. If you need them to come out at some future time, use blue loctite.

The only thing I want to hang you for is the lack

of

Paragraph

Usage.

:r

Beat me to it.
I cant read something like that I keep jumping lines about half way.

Currently smoking a cao american courtesy of keoki cigars :)

Tends to happen when I'm ranting a little bit. I should know better I tend to do the same thing and skip over stuff when people post the same way. Lesson learned:D

I have a Davidoff Zino dbl blade guillotine cutter that is made with stainless steel blades and a white plastic body , I've been using for close to 10 years , works great every time . I've dropped it and never had any trouble . I'm so happy with it that I have no reason to try a Palio or a Xikar .

After going through a couple cutters, I splurged on one of these in 1992. The only complaint I have about it is this - if you smoke anything over a 52 ring gauge, and the head doesnt fit, you will need to have another cutter for those larger ring gauge cigar. But otherwise, I hav neve had a problem with this cutter - loyal dependable - sharp.

Back