I met CigarGal

Marianne and her family were passing through where I live on their way North today. I had the pleasure of meeting a "virtual" SOTL in the flesh. She and her family are some of the nicest people you will meet. I wish we could have spent the rest of the afternoon getting to know each other. I knew beforehand how friendly the jungle is and she did nothing but strengthen that. They bought me lunch and left me the gifts pictured below for my belated birthday present. I am still in awe of how this place is home to so many great individuals. Thank you Marianne and family for a wonderful day.

Last edited:
wtg CigarGal. Just keeping the rest of us on our toes so we can try to live up to your (and some other people on here) example.

Scottie

Excellent present Marianne!! Nothing better than meeting SOTL's and BOTL's face to face!!

Way to go you guys - why am I not shocked she's a cool lady?

Q: Was she towing a trailer to haul the new humis around? :)

Aye Carumba Marianne! You rock! Great job on a very friendly and deserving gorilla.

Enjoy Dave. :)

Mister MaDuroo said:
Way to go you guys - why am I not shocked she's a cool lady?

Q: Was she towing a trailer to haul the new humis around? :)

I think I heard her mentioning a U-Haul rental for the return trip from the post office...;)

Some how I knew she'd be awesome in the flesh. WTG Marianne, sure glad you guys got to meet up. Thanks Dave fer sharing the experience!

We finally made it to the motel. Hit rush hour traffic in the Tacoma area and that really slowed us down. Had a great time at lunch. Dave took us to a nice Mexican restuarant. Unfortunately he had to go back to work so it was a short visit. It is great to be able to put a face to the name. I am looking forward to the next meetup.

I have a picture to post when I get home. I don't have photo shop on my mac so I cannot resize it. Will post one next week.

CigarGal said:
I have a picture to post when I get home. I don't have photo shop on my mac so I cannot resize it. Will post one next week.

Marianne if you want you can email it too me and I can resize and get it up here for you.

Drifty

Very cool, Marianne. Great job on the suicide bombing. I'm certain that Dave will think of your friendship each time he uses the Xikar.

Back