I must have a some kind of phobia

kgraybill

ChestBeater
I don't know if any of you have had this problem but when deciding what to smoke, I look at my stash and want to smoke the really good ones but end up sparking one of the discounts. I dont know if I am afraid to commit to the good ones or if I will be disappointed that I no longer have that one in my humi. I always end up wishing I had decided on the good ones.

Today is the best day to smoke the good stuff. You would be righteously pissed off if you fell down a manhole tomorrow never having smoked that special cigar because you were waiting for the perfect opportunity to smoke it that never presented itself. If it sucks you can always pitch it and grab a bundle.

You may not be alone with this dilemma. I think others have been in the same situation...although they may not admit it... :)

My :2..

Personally, I would smoke what I want rather than worrying about them not being in the humi...unless you're saving some of your smokes for a special occaision. In that case, it will give you something to look forward to.

If I smoked what I wanted everyday, I would be a seriously poor fella. I can't smoke an Anejo every single day! I gots to pay some bills!

I should just clarify that I mean that unless something is meant for a specific purpose (I am planning on getting wedding anniversary smokes), that NO cigar in my humidor is off limits at any given time. I won't go broke trying to stock something I would LIKE to be able to afford to smoke everyday, but I won't limit myself from what's in my humi.

I did that when I was first starting and then I finally relized the value of a cigar is smoking it and enjoying it, not looking at it in the Humi. Now I smoke what I feel like, I have some special ocasion cigars, but if I just want to smoke one on a random day, I will grab it. You may never see tomorrow.:2

Today is the best day to smoke the good stuff. You would be righteously pissed off if you fell down a manhole tomorrow never having smoked that special cigar because you were waiting for the perfect opportunity to smoke it that never presented itself. If it sucks you can always pitch it and grab a bundle.
:tpd:

I should just clarify that I mean that unless something is meant for a specific purpose (I am planning on getting wedding anniversary smokes), that NO cigar in my humidor is off limits at any given time. I won't go broke trying to stock something I would LIKE to be able to afford to smoke everyday, but I won't limit myself from what's in my humi.

:tpd:still

Any day that the heart is still beating is a day to celebrate IMO. Don't be afraid to smoke a good cigar because a better opportunity MIGHT come up where you think you would enjoy it more. No matter how good life is, it could always be a little better, so you can't wait until the perfect moment to smoke a great stick...because there will never be a perfect moment. Just my :2

:D

It's a really interesting phenomenon to me as well. I find myself reaching for an RP second rather than an RP regular.
I feel it's more like a 'Save the Best For Last' thing with me.
Just have to remember that there is no last, really.
Unless Armageddon..... ummm....

Time to smoke some of my finest today.

demi

Any day that the heart is still beating is a day to celebrate IMO. Don't be afraid to smoke a good cigar because a better opportunity MIGHT come up where you think you would enjoy it more. No matter how good life is, it could always be a little better, so you can't wait until the perfect moment to smoke a great stick...because there will never be a perfect moment. Just my :2

:D
:tpd: Think about everyone who has died very suddenly and never saw it coming....that keeps me smoking and drinking like it is my last day. So as everyone else said...unless you have a specific day in mind for a specific cigar...smoke whatever you want!

The funny thing about this subject is that I run out of inexpensive cigars long before I run out of the better stuff.

I don't know if any of you have had this problem but when deciding what to smoke, I look at my stash and want to smoke the really good ones but end up sparking one of the discounts. I dont know if I am afraid to commit to the good ones or if I will be disappointed that I no longer have that one in my humi. I always end up wishing I had decided on the good ones.

Yep been there. On the other hand, often enough, I end up choosing one of my everday smokes and being pleasantly surprised with the experience as a whole. This happens most often with the cfo reserva #7 and the fdo corojo.

I can actually name the last "good" one to disappoint in terms of smoking, an HDM sumatra espresso. After reading some reviews I had some positive expectations for this smoke and it was just kind of flavorless. I smoked the ebano from the same line a couple of days later and was pleasantly surprised. I am disappointed that it was the last one in my humi though :)

What I try to do, is just be grateful that I have what I have to smoke, sometimes I can do that :)

I have to admit I do the same thing - keep the good ones, smoke the ok ones. However, today I was reading about the CAO Sopranos at work and remembered when I had my first a few months back. As soon as I got home, I grabbed the only CAO Soprano I had in the humi and am smoking it as I am typing this reply and I don't regret a thing.:)

Not me...I'm the kind of guy that if I had a Ferrari in the garage it would get 30,000 miles a year on it. I smoke up my good stuff first if I know it's ready to smoke. In fact I don't really search out 'budget' smokes anymore because I know they'll be relegated to 'yard gar' status if they get smoked at all. I'm starting to look at cigars like I do beer...life is too short for the cheap stuff.:tu

My name is Ken and I am not afraid of my premo stogies!
Thanks to your advice a may be cured of whatever was holding me back.
I came home and went right for the last Padron Anni. It was soooo good.
Having a support group like CS is great for all of us with this affliction.

I have a similar phobia. It's the "is one box enough???" fear.
I've brought that under control a bit as of late. I use "dood, they make them every day" and "you already have 100 just like it". That helps, but I'd still rather buy 3 of everything, just in case. :D

I have a similar phobia. It's the "is one box enough???" fear.
I've brought that under control a bit as of late. I use "dood, they make them every day" and "you already have 100 just like it". That helps, but I'd still rather buy 3 of everything, just in case. :D

:r i luv it!

Back