I need a little advice on this.

jonny0783

Thats Officer ChestBeater
This sounds too good to be true and I wanted to see if I was just being pessimistic. Thanks in advanced.

Jon:ss

http://cgi.ebay.com/400-ct-CIGAR-HUMIDOR-CABINET-END-TABLE

Retails $699.00! but its only for 39.99?????
THE CABINET (END TABLE)
  • Holds 300 ~ 400 Cigars
  • Corner Quadrant Hinges
  • Humidifiers and Hygrometer with Brass Frame
  • Lined with Kiln Dried Cedar Dividers
  • Scratch Resistant Felt Lined Bottom
  • Flush Carry Handles
  • 19.5 L x 11 W x 15 H
ABOUT OUR CIGAR HUMIDORS!!!
In order to provide savings for our customers and get the same value, portions of our humidor interior are made of cedar wood. Once the humidor is closed everything inside is sealed. The cedar smell will remain in the box giving positive effect on the flavor of your cigars. Therefore there is no need to make the inside of the humidor completely of cedar. If you research cigar humidors, there is no 100% cedar humidor. All manufacturers use the same method to make their humidors. The reason our prices are much better than other sellers is because we have our own manufacturer and make our own products. We also sell our humidors to few of biggest retail chain stores in United States and Europe. That's why we get good items at lower prices. We do not buy our products from other middle men and we pass the saving on to our customers. We hope this helps and please feel free to email us with any other questions or concerns that you may have.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED

In order to provide savings for our customers and get the same value, portions of our humidor interior are made of cedar wood. Once the humidor is closed everything inside is sealed. The cedar smell will remain in the box giving positive effect on the flavor of your cigars. Therefore there is no need to make the inside of the humidor completely of cedar.

I call :BS

I couldn't see it due to a link problem, but I do believe in the age old "if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is". Is it worth 40 bucks to you to find out?

Long live the little people

:tpd::r Thanks guys you see what happenes when you think you have found something amazing you tend to skip over the things that will hold you back!! Thanks again. But I guess I am still on the hunt for a good deal on a large Humi!!

:tpd::r Thanks guys you see what happenes when you think you have found something amazing you tend to skip over the things that will hold you back!! Thanks again. But I guess I am still on the hunt for a good deal on a large Humi!!

Unfortunately, your going to have to spend more than 30 bucks to get a large humidor. But you can find some nice large cabinets and end tables at cigarbid. It will cost you between 250-450 dollars and then 85-185 in shipping to get one. But you know that Cbid will stand behind what they sell, and most of the time (even with expensive shipping) they still are much cheaper than anywhere else. Good luck in your hunt for a bigger humidor.:tu

How large or how many sticks?

I've got one word for you:
Cooler!
I know they're not the prettiest, but I am a recent convert and I couldn't be happier. I have a nice 150 count for my good singles. But then I have the cooler for boxes, bundles and other asssorted smokes. It's the best way to go and coolers are dirt cheap this time of year. :tu

I've got one word for you:
Cooler!
I know they're not the prettiest, but I am a recent convert and I couldn't be happier. I have a nice 150 count for my good singles. But then I have the cooler for boxes, bundles and other asssorted smokes. It's the best way to go and coolers are dirt cheap this time of year. :tu

You know what buddy I am about to head out the door here in a minute and I think I am going to have to follow your advice. I am not really concerned about looks I just need a place I can store some smokes. Thanks I think I made my mind up .... Unless someone wants to you know share their large humi :D J/K

I searched his feedback for humidors. It looks like everyone that got one liked it.

<table class="fbOuter" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100&#37;"><tbody><tr><td>Beautiful wood, perfect condition, great communication! Perfect seller</td><td nowrap="nowrap">lrhiraoka ( 12
iconYellowStar_25x25.gif
)
</td><td nowrap="nowrap">Jan-23-08 04:48</td></tr><tr class="bot"><td> </td><td>400 ct CIGAR HUMIDOR CABINET END TABLE DISPLAY CASE (#270204103029)</td><td>US $39.99</td><td>View Item</td></tr></tbody></table>

I have stumbled on wholesale websites that sell this kind of thing. They sell them in bulk from China with a minimum purchase of 400-1000 units. So if you buy in bulk I imagine you could get the price low enough. $70 shipped isn't bad for that much storage. It should have more cedar than your average coolidor. I would just be concerned about the quality of the seal.

I sent the guy and email through ebay to see if he was happy with the quality. I'll post back with his reply (if he replies) since there are a ton of these for sale.

Last edited:
Everything I've ever read about humidors say they must be lined entirely with Spanish Cedar. Sure, you'll still get the cedar smell, but the other wood is also going to impart smell on your sticks. My .02 is that if you are willing to invest in a cigar collection of a few hundred sticks, it's worth putting that investment into something that will properly care for that investment. If you need to wait for more funds, I'd do it. Tuperdor may not be pretty, but it works. And the Spanish Cedar you put in it will be just that.

Put it another way. Would you put a sedan in a mud run? As others noted, you get what you pay for.

If the seal isnt great is there a way I can improve it myself on a humi like that one???

Yes, weather-stripping if it is thin enough.

3 questions,

If looks makes no difference at all whatsoever – go get a cooler. There is no better bang for the buck.

If looks mater a lot and you have to have a piece of furniture, Pass. Build your own, pay someone to do it or just keep looking.

If looks only matter a little bit, you need more room and just can not handle the ugly look of a cooler, I say give it a try. The wood is probably a veneer over plywood or particle board. The cedar is probably 1/8 inch on the sides and 3/16 where you can see an edge. If the seal is bad you should be able to fix that for a few bucks.

Have you wasted that much money before on less? If it is really that bad when you get it test the whole satisfaction commitment.

As far as the neg feedback, look at his numbers. I ran over 500 auctions a week for 3 years and when you run those numbers you get people that are never happy. Things get lost, people do not understand what they are buying and some people are just complainers no matter what you do.

Good luck,

Chas

Back