I need a recommendation

gnukfu

Smokin and Jokin
I just smoked a Diamond Crown Maximus #4 (Toro) that was absolutely delicious. I got a fiver of these for a decent price ($45) off cbid but they are quite pricey. Does anyone have a recommendation of a cigar with a similar flavor profile that is less expensive.

Thanks
George

I just smoked a Diamond Crown Maximus #4 (Toro) that was absolutely delicious. I got a fiver of these for a decent price ($45) off cbid but they are quite pricey. Does anyone have a recommendation of a cigar with a similar flavor profile that is less expensive.

Thanks
George

Umm, DCM #5 Robusto??? Sorry, I could not resist.:r

The DCM's I have had have a pretty unique profile, I dont know of another smoke that tastes close enough to be a substitute. :ss

Yeah I figured that would be the case. Thanks for the answer bobarian. I guess I'll just have buy some #5's :D

The Montesino Belicosos come in Sun Grown that remind me of the DCMs but it has been a while since I have tried them. I think they have a sampler at www.tampasweetheart.com if you want to try them to see if you like them.

scottie

Yeah I figured that would be the case. Thanks for the answer bobarian. I guess I'll just have buy some #5's :D
You could check out some local B&M that carry their own brand of cigar that taste like another brand. JRCigar has many cigars that are knock offs of other brands. They are impressive for the money. Save a buck or two and enjoy a great smoke. :tu

If you look hard enough, you can find DCM #5's for around $145-150 a box.

Hope this helps.
:tpd:Keep on that C-Bid trip. I picked up the box for a little less than that even. Might take a week or two but one of them will come in under the price you are willing to pay.

You could check out some local B&M that carry their own brand of cigar that taste like another brand. JRCigar has many cigars that are knock offs of other brands. They are impressive for the money. Save a buck or two and enjoy a great smoke. :tu

All the JRCigar knockoffs I have had have been awful, I don't think I have really ever had a good knockoff from any manufacturer.:2

The Montesino Belicosos come in Sun Grown that remind me of the DCMs but it has been a while since I have tried them. I think they have a sampler at www.tampasweetheart.com if you want to try them to see if you like them.

scottie

A top-notch cigar! The figurados of this line feature the sun grown wrapper & are med/full bodied vs the mild/medium of the rest of the line.

While most vendors carry Montesino, many do not carry the sun grown figurados. PM me if you have trouble finding them.

Thanks
George

George,

I thought we were friends now? ha

You know, I can help you with that little problem.
You could have bought 5 from me for $36.25. (From my website)
or 15 single (A box) for $108.75
You have to look under "Other Cigars on Sale" on my website.
They are on there for $7.25ea.
You guys need to let me help you. I will save you all $$:)
I have little to no overhead anymore and because of the success of Taboo Cigars, I get let most name brands go cheap!

I also have a few sticks of DC maduro, not on website.
DC inventory is low though. call now.

817-427-1777
thanks
Rob

If you look hard enough, you can find DCM #5's for around $145-150 a box.

Hope this helps.

kansashat,

My DC#5 are on sale for $93.75/bx one box left.
Two boxes of #4 left at $7.25ea or $108.75/box
I just offered to help George.
He is a TabooCigars.com customer and I don't think he thought of checking my site for DC's.
Always look under "Other Cigars on Sale" if you don't see your brand or use "QuickSearch"
CS Members are slowly catching on to my cheap singe stick prices.
CS is great. You guys have a wonderful place here and everyone I have done business with from here have been great!
I have even met some new local customers from CS that are really quality people that I enjoy smoking cigars with.
Have a great day guys
Rob

Thanks
George
George,

I too love DCM's and smoke them quite regularly. I personally find the VSG to be very similar in its taste, and too boot its a couple of bucks cheaper. However I still chose the DCM over the VSG, so maybe its not quite as similar as I think lol.

George,

I thought we were friends now? ha

You know, I can help you with that little problem.
You could have bought 5 from me for $36.25. (From my website)
or 15 single (A box) for $108.75
You have to look under "Other Cigars on Sale" on my website.
They are on there for $7.25ea.
You guys need to let me help you. I will save you all $$:)
I have little to no overhead anymore and because of the success of Taboo Cigars, I get let most name brands go cheap!

I also have a few sticks of DC maduro, not on website.
DC inventory is low though. call now.

817-427-1777
thanks
Rob

kansashat,

My DC#5 are on sale for $93.75/bx one box left.
Two boxes of #4 left at $7.25ea or $108.75/box
I just offered to help George.
He is a TabooCigars.com customer and I don't think he thought of checking my site for DC's.
Always look under "Other Cigars on Sale" if you don't see your brand or use "QuickSearch"
CS Members are slowly catching on to my cheap singe stick prices.
CS is great. You guys have a wonderful place here and everyone I have done business with from here have been great!
I have even met some new local customers from CS that are really quality people that I enjoy smoking cigars with.
Have a great day guys
Rob

I believe you are talking about regular Diamond Crowns packed in boxes of 15 while the Diamond Crown Maximus are packed in boxes of 20.

Please keep this type of post (sales driven) in the retailer's section in the future.

Thanks! :)

scottie

A top-notch cigar! The figurados of this line feature the sun grown wrapper & are med/full bodied vs the mild/medium of the rest of the line.

While most vendors carry Montesino, many do not carry the sun grown figurados. PM me if you have trouble finding them.

Thanks scottie and kansashat - I'll have to try those (so many cigars and so little time!) :ss

I believe you are talking about regular Diamond Crowns packed in boxes of 15 while the Diamond Crown Maximus are packed in boxes of 20.

Please keep this type of post (sales driven) in the retailer's section in the future.

Thanks! :)

ok, No more posting prices in the Lounge. got it!:bn

sorry guys!

Rob

The DCM has a Ecuadorian wrapper which I think give it a very crisp taste.

Cuesta Rey Sun Grown which has Ecuador wrapper too is close but a bit lighter in taste.

I would start trying different cigars with wrappers from Ecuador.

Back