I need a small cooler for my coolerdor

hmmm...I cant say for sure.......but it would prolly work.... but I would go look at it in the store first to make sure the seal is good...you'll know when you open it.

way too small I wouldn't get anything smaller than a 36qt
as it is my 36qt only holds 10 boxes..

It would work.

But in my opinion you will be wanting a bigger one in a few months.

Go Larger, Go Larger !!

I think you can find something cheaper and bigger at Walmart or Target.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I want to go bigger but I'm just looking for a cooler that'll hold atleast 2-3 boxes, I might not even include the boxes, its more like an overflow catch for my humi.

I don't want it big, wifey will kill me, especially because it will look so out of place in our room.
I found this but I don't know if it seals enough so that it's air tight.

what do you guys think?
http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=6215A718G&categoryid=8530

I took a look at the site and..
m72247737.jpg

I really like this one.

It's not small, but will look nice enough to not look out of place.
I dunno how the wife will be with stainless steel but that looks good to me.

When you decide, PM me so I can get the same one.
:r

Last edited:
anything less than 52qt. is a waste of time-set mine up 6 months ago & it's full-my ole lady's pretty "touchy" about cigar stuff, but i just put a nice tablecloth or tapestry over it & use it as a stand for my desktop-still not sure if she knows it's there!-if yours drinks wine, look at a wine chiller dealy & promote it to her that way!

I bought a 50qt cooler, It's more than enough for me but I just don't know if it will hold any humidity(lack of knowledge about coolerdors).

It seemed like a good buy, it was $29.99 with a 20% off sale(all coolers) and it came with some goodies I could use some time later for other things.

What do you guys think as far as maintaining humidity?
Cooler001.jpg

Cooler002.jpg

I bought a 50qt cooler, It's more than enough for me but I just don't know if it will hold any humidity(lack of knowledge about coolerdors).

It seemed like a good buy, it was $29.99 with a 20% off sale(all coolers) and it came with some goodies I could use some time later for other things.

What do you guys think as far as maintaining humidity?
Cooler001.jpg

Cooler002.jpg

I believe that coolerdors and tupperdors generally hold humidity better because there is no wood to absorb any moisture at all. My tupperdor stabalized almost twice as fast as my humidor after opening it up. Just depends on the seal - a Coleman is a good choice from what I hear on the threads. Where did you pick it up? I have to get one too now.
:D

LOL, I picked it up at Sports Authority, they had that silver one you posted, it's nice and looks real heavy duty but it was $119.00, I could've bought it but then that would mean I'd have to show it off :D

Gosh, EvenSteven, you are going about this the wrong way!

Don't consider a cooler that will have to sit out in view in your room. Think about a bigger one, say 70 quart, that will hide in the closet. Sell this idea to your girl by telling her that the cooler top will make an ideal place to place her shoes to keep them off the old nasty floor, and will get them higher so she can see them better when she is searching for the pair to wear. It will present a little more trouble for you to get in and out of, but the cooler really should not be opened that often anyway. This also gives you a selling point to purchase a remote monitor hydrometer and some 65% beads: "Yes, dear, with the beads and hydro, I won't have to disturb your shoes very often at all. When you get a new box, you can easily lift the lid a little and slide the box inside without hardly messing with the shoes. In time, she will want you to buy a second cooler so she can get the rest of her shoes off the floor.

It's all in the salesmanship!!:r

Good luck, and remember the Man Slogan: Bigger is better, too much is just right!

Hahaha thanks for the advice! but the thing is that it's not the cigar thing, it's the space thing, my room is the only room that's at 71degrees so I must keep my cigar in our room, our room has her stuff, and my stuff, and my 8month old son's stuff, our room is considerably alot bigger then all my other friends but that only lead to us cramming more stuff in here.

Besides, I'm honestly not planning on expanding more than this, at least not until summer comes around.

What's your take on the seal? you think it will hold well?

I need to season/prep this thing, I read on this thread to leave a open box of baking soda inside for a while?

I also found this in a search, this came off of CP
Once you get the cooler, you have to prep the box for cigars. To do this, pour ¼ cup non-scented bleach into the cooler, and then fill it with water. Let the cooler stand over night. Dump the water out in the morning, and let the cooler sit in the sun all day while you are at work. When you get home, bring the cooler inside. Pour half a box of baking soda in a dish and place inside the cooler. The next morning, open the cooler and check for any lingering plastic smell. Once it is smell free, you are on to the next step.

Any suggestions?

Gosh, EvenSteven, you are going about this the wrong way!

Don't consider a cooler that will have to sit out in view in your room. Think about a bigger one, say 70 quart, that will hide in the closet. Sell this idea to your girl by telling her that the cooler top will make an ideal place to place her shoes to keep them off the old nasty floor, and will get them higher so she can see them better when she is searching for the pair to wear. It will present a little more trouble for you to get in and out of, but the cooler really should not be opened that often anyway. This also gives you a selling point to purchase a remote monitor hydrometer and some 65% beads: "Yes, dear, with the beads and hydro, I won't have to disturb your shoes very often at all. When you get a new box, you can easily lift the lid a little and slide the box inside without hardly messing with the shoes. In time, she will want you to buy a second cooler so she can get the rest of her shoes off the floor.

It's all in the salesmanship!!!
:r

This guy knows how to handle the women..
:cb

I need to season/prep this thing, I read on this thread to leave a open box of baking soda inside for a while?

Any suggestions?

Yes: Smell the cooler before you go off on an extended work session!! Both the coolers I have up and running were fine fresh out of Walmart! I wiped them down, but mainly to remove any dust or other particles, and left them in the sun to dry for an hour or so, and never had an odor that needed action.

I will note that I DO NOT keep singles inside my coolers, and ALL the cigars I keep in them are inside of cedar cigar boxes. I'm not saying you will not have to do some work, but check first with your own nose. If you or your girlfriend do not smell a "plastic" smell, grab you some cedar boxes from a B&M, and start storing! The nice thing about using cedar cigar boxes is that you do not have to hunt up any spanish cedar to put in the cooler. And, with a label or two, you can easily keep track of what is in what box!

Good luck with the cooler, and let us know this summer when you run out of room!! :r

(I'm on my second 75 qt cooler, and trying hard NOT to convert one of my remaining smaller coolers into a coolidor!)

Any suggestions?

I think if you leave the lid open for a couple days - it will be fine.
That's what I did for my tupperdor - the cooler may take a little longer.

You DON'T need to season it since there's no wood to absorb humidity.. Although, you might want to consider an OUST fan and some cedar trays or planks? I have a couple cedar planks in my tupperdore from an old cigar box. If you're storing boxes, I don't think it will be a problem without the trays and planks.

Just leave the lid open until you don't smell plastic anymore.

I think it's better than risking gettn the taste of bleach on a new box of RASS.

Just my :2 .

Back