I need a tissue

smokinpoke

Pro Donkey
I have read here in the past that some BOTL's use hobby tissue to wrap their cigars that they are going to age for awhile.

Since I smoke mostly maduros will the oily texutre leak off any flavors or should I just go for bands to age these.

I have read here in the past that some BOTL's use hobby tissue to wrap their cigars that they are going to age for awhile.

Since I smoke mostly maduros will the oily texutre leak off any flavors or should I just go for bands to age these.

I don't think any flavor will be lost. It should certainly help protect the wrapper if your like me and like to look at / inspect your cigars a lot!

I was curious because when you pull old cigars out of cello they always leave a tint. All my sticks are going commando in the humi right now. But I would like some way of aging them and knowing when I got them.

I was curious because when you pull old cigars out of cello they always leave a tint. All my sticks are going commando in the humi right now. But I would like some way of aging them and knowing when I got them.

I've had to start an inventory in microsoft excel for this purpose.
label the name, size, etc; plus date bought, number, and try to keep up w/most of the dates that I smoke em, that way I can see how long I aged them. Of course the padrons went pretty fast, so I added 2 more boxes today :).

The tissue idea is not a bad one, cause I got a lot of maduro's in the humi. I don't see how it could hurt anything. Simple diffusion says it may actually draw the oil out to the wrapper though--it would soak up the oils (kind of like a paper towel over a pizza to soak up the grease). This may dry them out, or it could bring out the oils more from the filler. Let us know how it goes--but it'll probably be months (more likely years) before this happens to any great extent.

As far as dating my smokes I just write the date on the cello with a sharpie, you know just a few of them from a box or 1 or 2 from a five pack.

Never wrapped with tissue.

I use them to wipe the tears after looking at the credit card bill.

Never wrapped with tissue.

I use them to wipe the tears after looking at the credit card bill.

:r:r:tpd:

I would just make a list or something like that. When you buy something just open notepad on your pc and write the smoke and date of purchase. Save ya a lot of time writing on every smoke.

Back