I screwed up

Mr.Lordi

Gorilla
Er, I screwed up. Today at my local shop I bought first box of cigars. C.A.O gold tenth Anniversary(10 for 65.00) . I also got a travel humi to put them in as I don't have one yet. When I got home, I started freaking out. I didn't stop to think how long it will take to set up the humi, not to mention no Hydrometer. I also think I saturated the humi too much. :( I hope they have a return policy at the shop. My stomach was bigger than my eyes, so to speak. Anyone else ever mess up this bad?

At some point I should just invest in the beads.

Go back to the store and buy a humi bag,they run like 7 bucks or so for the bigger,should be plenty to keep the cigars fresh. They work for like 90 days.

Beads, cooler and relax.....I've been obsessed with %rh....not any more....now I just smile and have a smoke......no worries.

It could be worse....

Go back to the store and buy a humi bag,they run like 7 bucks or so for the bigger,should be plenty to keep the cigars fresh. They work for like 90 days.

I don't think I saw any of those, but I will inquire about them.

How long does a box of cigars stay fresh still in the shrink wrap?

:tpd: Great for now, but Jeremy is right... get the beads and the cooler and never worry again. Really makes life much simpler! :ss

(no dancing chickens were used in the posting of this message)

I would call around the B&M around you,I know I have seen them at most places I have gone to. And also Specs carries them if you have any of those in your area.

I'll check for the bags. Cooler will be a must as soon as I can.

Tupperware with a wet sponge (use distilled water) works great or just use ziploc bags. Go easy on the distilled water, a few drops on the sponge should be good enough for 10 sticks.

Who knows. In the meantime: double bag in zip-lock bags, Saran wrap the hell out of them, stick in a small cooler with a damp sponge, tupperware with damp sponge, smoke quickly, etc etc etc.

Ron

Congrats on the box! Now, it is very important at this time to NOT FREAK OUT. as long as you don't leave them out to dry totally, you and your smokes will live. I had a similar situation, and what I did was to put boxes in a larger ziplock bag, with a moist paper towel outside the box, in the bag. Worked like a champ until my hygrometer, beads and humi/coller were ready. If you cant find big ziplocks, just use smaller ones, take the sticks out of the box, and put a piece of moist (not dripping) paper towel in with them till your gooies are ready. Have fun! And smoke!

WOOHOO! :ss

Use a Ziplock bag.

That should buy you 10 days. In that time go get a tupperware for a few bucks and some florist foam for a dollar and you got instant storage.

:tpd: Great for now, but Jeremy is right... get the beads and the cooler and never worry again. Really makes life much simpler! :ss
:chk
(no dancing chickens were used in the posting of this message)

Whoops, gotta watch how those little buggers sneak into your posts:D

Back on track. Whip up a tupperdore mate. Wang your cigars in it and you'll be right 'till ya get things sorted to a more permanent home for your sticks.

Relax and enjoy, she'll be right mate.

I think most Store have a return policy "No Returns"

Try going back and ask them if they can hold it in there humidor room for a while until your set up. I saw a guy come in to the place I go and asked them to hold it. he put it some where high up with his name on the box

Er, I screwed up. Today at my local shop I bought first box of cigars. C.A.O gold tenth Anniversary(10 for 65.00) . I also got a travel humi to put them in as I don't have one yet. When I got home, I started freaking out. I didn't stop to think how long it will take to set up the humi, not to mention no Hydrometer. I also think I saturated the humi too much. :( I hope they have a return policy at the shop. My stomach was bigger than my eyes, so to speak. Anyone else ever mess up this bad?

At some point I should just invest in the beads.
Don't worry its not as bad as you think it is. You'll be fine.

Back