I think I've found my taste... It's Padilla for me!

Mark C

Lowland Gorilla
I'm new to cigars, haven't tried a lot, spent the last few months slowly trying to figure out what I like. Seems like there are a lot of Pepin whores around here, so I tried a few of them, the blue, and the JJ Maduro. I liked the JJ better, but neither really hit the spot. Had 1 ISOM, very much liked that smoke. Damn shame I don't have any more (thanks for that too Jason!).

Then along comes Padilla. I had a '68 at a mini-herf with jkorp and BigFrank and thoroughly enjoyed it. After mentioning that, Jason suggested I try the 1932 he gave me (this was some weeks down the road). Again, I loved the hell out of it. By this point I decided to go on CBid and buy a 5er of the '68s. Or at least I thought I did, I got confused and bought the 1948s instead. I finally smoked one today, here're my thoughts:

I may officially call myself a Padilla whore now. I loved the hell out of this stick too, smoked it until my fingers got hot. And that felt nice since it's 30 degrees and my hands were frozen, so I smoked it just a tad longer :ss. The construction was great, the burn was excellent, needing only one touch-up with only ~2" left. Plenty of medium-grey smoke, very smooth, delicious flavors. I didn't find this to be peppery at all, which suits me just fine. It was very consistent from start to finish, even at the very end the flavors seemed similar to the beginning.

Of the 3 blends, I'm not sure which I like best since I tried them months apart from each other. They were all very good, but I'm not sure I liked the 1932s enough to justify the higher cost. I definitely liked all 3 of these better than the 2 Pepin's I've tried. Whatever he's doing differently for this brand, I'm liking it.

Last edited:
One of the greatest feelings in the world is when you've found the stick you've been looking for. You sit back and smile and think this is the way it should be. The series V by Oliva is in my book. Enjoy em!

just wait until you try the Miami 8&11s from Padilla. They are my favorite NC, HANDS DOWN.

scottie

Haven't tried any Padilla yet, but I've got a 68 and a 32 resting in the humi (thanks Sonny!) that I'm looking forward to lightin' up. :tu

just wait until you try the Miami 8&11s from Padilla. They are my favorite NC, HANDS DOWN.

scottie

scottie...you must have a refined palete or perhaps my tastebuds are just fickle but I keep finding new favorites all the time. But I have to agree the 8&11's are a hard act to follow.

Back