If you just purchased your first humidor . . .

The Bruce

ChestBeater
Here is some advice from someone who has just seen the light.

Get yourself a Digital Hygrometer. They are cheap and you can find them anywhere they sell Stogies. I relied on my Analog Hygrometer on the front of my Humidor and always assumed the unwrapping cigars was because my clipper was dull. It turns out that the humidor was too dry. I purchased a Digital Hygrometer as an impulse buy, it wasn’t too expensive so I figured it would be a good backup to the Analog. Nope, the analog was dead wrong. The Analog is now just there for looks.

I got this advice when I first got the humidor but I ignored it. Consider this a PSA:

When you buy your first humidor just get a Digital Hygrometer.

Cheers,

The Bruce

Great advice Bruce. got a digital in my best box. going to get 2 more this weekend. Again welcome to CS.

nisiar said:
Or just get the beads!

Forget about the beads and spend the money on a CO. From seeing your other post it looks like you did this so you're on the right track. Now, time to stock that humi...have you met the devil yet? BWAHAHAHAHAH! :hn

-Dion

what's wrong with beads in a desktop instead of a CO? That IMO would be overkill (and take up valuable space :D) for a 150 humidor.

scc135 said:
what's wrong with beads in a desktop instead of a CO? That IMO would be overkill (and take up valuable space :D) for a 150 humidor.

You're right for a humi that small, but a humi of that size will only last a few weeks or months in this place before it's time for a bigger one! ;)

-Dion

mike32312 said:
Great advice Bruce. got a digital in my best box. going to get 2 more this weekend. Again welcome to CS.
Mike, consider one of the multi-remote wireless temp/RH units. They're pretty cool.

djmoniz said:
You're right for a humi that small, but a humi of that size will only last a few weeks or months in this place before it's time for a bigger one! ;)

-Dion

heh, you don't know the half of it... i just ordered a humi online, and I haven't even gotten it yet, and I know it's not going to fit all my cigars... damn cbid.

scc135 said:
heh, you don't know the half of it... i just ordered a humi online, and I haven't even gotten it yet, and I know it's not going to fit all my cigars... damn cbid.

LOL, welcome to the jungle baby!

-Dion

Back