IHRC #4--Taboo LR Maduro Robusto

illinoishoosier

Will Whore for Cigars
The Taboo Limited Reserve trilogy is complete for me, at least for the robustos. On with the review.

Taboo LR Maduro Robusto 5x50
W: Dom
F: Dom

Here it is waiting for death.
001-1.jpg

This is a great looking cigar. Nice dark, brown wrapper with some veins. there is a small bump on the cap, but it clipped nicely. Aroma is a very nice tobacco/barnyard smell. Lit perfectly with the trusty Nibo Dual Flame. Draw is perfect for me. The initial puff is nice spice with lots of smoke. I think I'm going to like this one.

5 mins in..
002-1.jpg

The burn is a little crooked, but not bad. Spiciness is very good and smooth. Still producing loads of smoke. the spice is not a peppery spice, but sweet. Can't identify it specifically. very nice.

10 mins in...
003-3.jpg

Still burning a little crooked but keeping up. Lots of good smoke and still has a sweet spiciness. Flavor has been consistent. Ash is light gray and solid.

20 mins in...
005-1.jpg

The burn is still crazy, not perfect like the connecticut or havana. the flavor is still outstanding and sitting here in the fog, i am liking this stick! Ash is starting to flake a bit. Draw is still perfect.

30 mins in...
006-2.jpg

Picked up a nice woody aroma. Sweet spice is still there with the pepper underneath. Very nice.

007-1.jpg

Here we are at 40 mins. Had to tap the ash about 2 mins earlier, was getting really flaky. Picked up a nice leathery taste and the sweet spice is gone for now. Lots of good smoke and great draw.

50 mins in...
008-1.jpg

The burn is still crazy. Have touched up once to try to correct. Ash is still flaky, but not enough to ruin the smoke. The flavor has mellowed quite a bit now with the sweet spice returning. Damn you Rob!! Another box I have to buy!!:D

Leaving a nice peppery finish on the tongue.

65 minutes and still going strong. feeling a little nic buzz here. Leather is back but has not harshed up yet with about 1 1/2" to go.

The end..
010-1.jpg

Tried to multitask and knocked the ash onto the laptop, decided to let it die here. Still had not harshed up. 69 minutes of smoke time.

Overall, this is another great little smoke. I really enjoyed the flavor. The nic snuck up on me, even with a steak dinner in me, but a cup of applesauce brought me down. It was not strong, just enopugh to let me know it was there. The burn keeps this from getting a perfect score.

I give it....

guitarman.jpg

4 Guitarman ST's out of 5 (sorry sammy!)

:r

Wait until you smoke the Torp and Fig.:tu

Thanks to you and EVERY CS MEMBER that take the time to do reviews on Taboo.

Very Thankful

Rob

Back