IHRC#5--Warped Cigars--Anubis Corona Gorda

illinoishoosier

Will Whore for Cigars
Tonights review corner features a special guest. You may remember the post by kylej1 for Warped Cigars where he asked for volunteers to review one of his cigars. I was one of the lucky ones, and I mean lucky.

Here are the particulars:

Anubis Corona Gorda Habano 46x5 5/8

Looks a little scared knowing what is about to happen...
001-2.jpg

This is a very nice looking cigar. Aroma is a sweet grassy smell. Cigar has a very smooth wrapper, no veins or imperfections. The cap, however, did have one place where it looks like it bunched while being applied. It clipped right off with no issues. Cigar is a little soft, maybe some time in the humi. I am smoking this one pretty much out of the box.

Lit very easily, with the trusty Nibo Dual Flame. Definite light spice on the tongue. Cedary/Cinnamony flavor. Draw is very easy, nearly perfect. Puts out a nice amount of smoke. so far so good!!

3 mins in...
003-4.jpg

Picked up a little leather taste with spiciness underneath. Draw is still very good. Burn has one little off spot, but will it correct itself. Puts out a nice amount of smoke at rest. Getting a sweet spice through the nose, very nice. Ash is salt and pepper and holding nicely.

10 mins...
004-2.jpg

Flavor is very light, sweet spice. Aroma is the same. Draw is great and still putting out copious amounts of smoke!! Ash holding and the burn issue corrected itself.

20 mins...
005-2.jpg

This is turning out to be a nice little stick. Flavor has been consistent so far. just now starting to pick up a little more spice and cedar. Ash was holding great, but I tapped it. Shaky hand, didn't want to wear it, but notice the nice cone it left behind in the pic below.
006-3.jpg

007-2.jpg

30 minutes in and the taste is still very good. The burn is still steady, good recovery from the ash tap. The ash has, however, turned flaky, but not too bad. I am enjoying the aroma as the cigar sits in my mouth as I type my notes. A smoky pepper aroma that is very sweet. I can't quite put my finger on that sweet, it's subtle, but there. Just a light finish on the tongue at this point.

40 mins...
008-2.jpg

Nothing new. Very consistent smoke.

50 minutes, oops forgot to take a pic. Tapped the ash off 4 minutes ago. Just starting to get the slightest hint of harsh. smoke coming off into nose is no longer sweet. cigar has helf up well, finish has gotten a little stronger, which tells me I am getting close to the end.

60 mins and death is near...
009-1.jpg

The nic buzz has arrived. Just a nice little buzz, nothing fierce. Keep in my mind, my threshhold is low for nic bizz IMHO. Ash was getting flaky, but the flavor stayed consistent. I let it die here.

Overall, this was a great little stick that provided a nice amount of flavor in the 62 minutes it lived. Flavor was consistent and the cigar was well constructed. No real issues. I would let you decide on the price point of $6, but I could see myself purchasing a fiver of these and letting them nap for awhile.

I give this one...

fourandhalfhoosier.jpg

4 1/2 illinoishoosiers out of 5.

:tu

Kyle, I can't wait to see what the boys over on pbn think of your sticks. Expect an order from me as soon as I sell my truck!

I smoked mine tonight.

Wrapper smelled exactly like some of the Padilla cigars I've had recently, prelight draw was nice. Cigar burned pretty good, perfect draw a couple of minor touchups. Tasted like a mainly Nicaraguan cigar with a milder non spicy wrapper. I found it had a nice punch and would like to see how these smoke after 3-6 months in the humidor.

Very good for a first attempt at making a blend.

I have found that I always enjoy your reviews. Great stuff.. I may have to find some of these. Do you know where 5er's can be purchased?

I smoked mine tonight.

Wrapper smelled exactly like some of the Padilla cigars I've had recently, prelight draw was nice. Cigar burned pretty good, perfect draw a couple of minor touchups. Tasted like a mainly Nicaraguan cigar with a milder non spicy wrapper. I found it had a nice punch and would like to see how these smoke after 3-6 months in the humidor.

Very good for a first attempt at making a blend.

Thanks for the review! These I believe will do amazing with some age on them. They were rolled about a week ago, so they are very fresh. I already put aside a rather large stock of them to age till the new year, see how they are then.

PM me!

I have found that I always enjoy your reviews. Great stuff.. I may have to find some of these. Do you know where 5er's can be purchased?

Back