Illusione "68" Review

longknocker

SilverBack
I didn't want to write another review, but, after smoking this cigar, I just had to! I received this beautiful smoke from Tim (smokeyscotch) from a group box split several weeks ago. I rested the 5-pack for 2 weeks. This cigar is the Illusione "68", Bombone 4X44RG, a "Full bodied, Peppery, Earthy Sweetness", according to the manufacturer's website. This cigar has to be one of the most well-constructed cigars I've ever smoked! Burn & draw were perfect throughout. Wrapper was perfect in appearance. Volumes of smoke poured out of the foot with every exhalation. Ash was a beautiful, thick, light grey that fell consistently every 1". I detected a very slight hint of pepper initially, but mostly a rich, smooth sweetness that lasted throughout the entire smoke. No bitterness or burn issues at all! Duration of smoke:40 minutes to the nub! Because this cigar had such a sweet aroma & taste, I smoked it on an empty stomach with a cup of coffee. Big mistake! Don't do that! The cigar is very rich & full-bodied, and left me with a strong nicotine buzz that lasted over an hour! This Illusione reminded me of my first CC, the Por Larranaga. I feel it was a richer smoke, however. Overall rating, a perfect 10/10. I can't wait to try this smoke in a larger RG! I think it would be a perfect 'After Dinner" Cigar!

thanks for the review I'm also a fan of the 68 they are a very nice smoke. I'm waiting to try the 88 can't wait.

Great review! I had one the other night and was surprised at how hearty this little smoke was. Great flavor and strength. On my list to get...:ss

Back