Illusione CG:4

NickyTeen

Young Ape
Sorry if there have been too many reviews of this cigar already, but I just had to share my thoughts. I wasn't planning on doing a review ( this is my first) so I apologize for no pics. The cigar is beautiful. Nicaraguan wrapper (dark and oily )and Nicaraguan filler. Length- 5 5/8 , RG 46 , burn time 1.5hrs. At light-up I was hit with pepper and spice. My lower lip tingled for the first inch of this cigar. Soon after I was rewarded with coffee and chocalate.The coffee was like a dark sumatra espresso and the chocalate an unsweetened semi-dark.These stayed with the cigar throughout.There were also hints of peat, roasted nuts, caramel and leather.The CG:4 had a great draw, tons of smoke and burned perfectly.I consider this to be full flavor,medium to full strength.I really enjoyed this cigar. My only negative is I was hoping for that spice to return at the end.Still a very nice cigar and looking forward to this one again.

I have a question for the Illusione cigar lovers out there:

If you have to compare the Illusione vs. Oliva Serie V, which one would you pick and why ?

I have tried the Serie 'V' and I like it. I have not tried the Illusione since the price is kind of high (even for an assorted sampler at NewHavanaCigars.com). I head good thing and just-an-average-Joe-cigar comments, reviews on the Illusione. So what do you say ?

Tough question, I enjoy them both , but in my honest opinion I beleive that the Oliva V has a more consistant spicy flavor the whole way thru the cigar. I like the spiciness myself.

If you have to compare the Illusione vs. Oliva Serie V, which one would you pick and why ?

I have tried the Serie 'V' and I like it. I have not tried the Illusione since the price is kind of high (even for an assorted sampler at NewHavanaCigars.com). I head good thing and just-an-average-Joe-cigar comments, reviews on the Illusione. So what do you say ?

I choose the V hands down. To me the CG4 tasted a lot like a Macanudo.....air. Mind you I have only had a couple of samples but I do not think I would buy any more based off of the ones I tried.

Both are very good, but I would lean toward the CG:4. I find it to be more complex and more flavorful.Just my:2

I choose the V hands down. To me the CG4 tasted a lot like a Macanudo.....air. Mind you I have only had a couple of samples but I do not think I would buy any more based off of the ones I tried.

:tpd: I tried a few illusiones including the CG:4, mainly based on CA's review blah blah. To me, the V is a far more refined cigar - both taste AND appearance. The Oliva V series are true premium cigars at decent prices. The flavors also seem to more complex with a much cleaner finish. In my opinion...

So far it seems like the Oliva Serie 'V' scored a field goal. I will keep my eyes open for some special sale on the Illusione just to try it out a stick or two. just to see if it is that 'GREAT' like the maker taunted it to be; I think the maker's name is Dion or Duon or Deon, or something similar to that nature... To tell you the truth though, any cigar out there, non-CC, that cost over $7, $8 to me is kind of off my to-try-list. It is not that I am poor but I do believe that cigar is an enjoyment, not an obsession or an addiction that one must have. YBMV... :ss (That stands for: Your BankAccount May Vary :bl)

This is just my :2, but I would take a Serie V any day of the week over an Illusione. I have tried the F9 and CG4, just not my thing.

NickyTeen, Nice Review!!! Thank you!!!:tu

You are spot on with flavor profile of many of the Illusione cigars!!! I have not smoked the CG:4 yet (I know others will find that hard to believe because I am an Illusione Whore)!

As for the guys who horned in on this thread - Take the discussion to the General Cigar Discussion! Sorry!!! Comparing Oliva V to Illusione makes me grouchy!!! I like both very much!!!:r

Last edited:
Yep, liked the Cg4 way more than the V. Eh, everyone's got their preferrences. Personally I enjoyed the J.Fuego Delirium more than the Cg4.

I don't think you can really compare these, b/c the flavors are so different.

I find the Oliva V to be a beautiful cigar that's smooth, flavorful with a much stronger dose of Vitamin N. The first 1/3 of the V always wows me with it's rich, creamy taste.

The Illusione is not as strong or rich, but I would say it's more flavorful especially as you progress through the smoke. I like these both equally, but tend to nub the Illusiones more.

By the time I finish the V, I'm usually a little woozy from the nicotine and done smoking. When I finish an Illusione, I'm always craving more.

I think the Tat browns would be more comparable to the Illusione than the V. That said, the Tats have even more flavor, complexity and strength than the Illusiones, but are priced even higher.

For the price, the V's are very nice.

Both are very good, but I would lean toward the CG:4. I find it to be more complex and more flavorful.Just my:2

Thanks for the review NickyTeen.

If forced to choose I would go with the Oliva 'V'. I would, however, like to see the 'V' in a ring gauge similar to that of the CG 4.

Great review, just smoke a cg:4 last night, what a great stick. Someone please run another box split, I am running low!!

I had this cigar tonight and I loved it. It is the first non-cuban cigar I had that tastes like a Cuban. It was cinnamony, spicy, and had some tastes of caramel. I would definitely buy more.

I find the Olivas are more consistent and better out of the box. The illusiones need a few to six months in the humidor to come alive.

I like the Oliva V and I love Illusiones because I like the smoking experience of the Illusione line better than the smoking experience of the Oliva V. Glad I could be of help!!!!! :ss

I like the Oliva V and I love Illusiones because I like the smoking experience of the Illusione line better than the smoking experience of the Oliva V. Glad I could be of help!!!!! :ss

Agree 100%. Love both the Illusiones and Oliva V, yet Dion wins this game by a touchdown.

Back