Illusione ~hl~ aka thanks Darrell

Costa

Cohibo Aficionado
After a great write up by Darrell a few weeks ago with great pic's, I picked up a fiver of these sticks. In my quest for knowledge and experience, been delving into lanceros recently, had a few Monte Especial #1's. This stick could be the best so far.

Had a small herf with some guys from grad school at my house last night, and I had my first ~hl~, and let me tell you, his review was spot on!!

It was milder than the other Illusione's I have had, but more complex. I picked up some spiciness, with a little bitterness in the beginning. I was able to snork it with almost no detected bitterness in my nose; smooth, smooth, smooth.

I am already a big fan of this line, but every time I have another, it just gets better.

Writing this up the morning after (it was the first of 3 cigars; the ~hl~, Le Hoyo du Roi, and an m7), and I am still blown away by this stick. A 9 out of 10 for me, and my next non-CC box purchase.

You owe it to yourself to try this stick, its that good.

For a FANTASTIC review with pic's (thanks Darrell) go here:

http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=160161

Hey Costa, Glad I helped push you down the slope a little farther!!!:tu

Great to hear another wonderful review of the ~hl~!!! These have to be my most favorite of all cigars!!!

I too am intrigued by the Lanceros!!! I have been trying to find others I like!

George (gnukfu) turned me onto the Taboo Special Forces Boot Camp Lancero!!! You might want to check these out!

Just trying to push others as I have been pushed!!!
:D

I love the whole Illusione line but I have to agree with Darrell that the hl's are probably the top of that line....and the BC Lanceros are yummy!

2 great smokes there!!

I ran across 2 of these at a local B&M last week. They are resting now, but I will soon see what the fuss is all about. Great review(s)!

J

Hi all! i know this thread is a month or so old. but i gotta say i smoked one today and even this newbi mouth of mine was :chk! unreal flavor i hope to score a box soon..

Hmm I'm yet to experience an ilussione.. i currently have resting am 888, MK, CG4, and F9... i dont know what to try first!!! 2 best cigars ive had are sigloII and tat brown... im hoping my illusiones live up to those 2!

I really liked the taste of these but mine, also from Darrell :ss, had some draw and construction problems that were a bit disappointing. Maybe I'll have another one day. One day being Saturday when Darrell better show up at my house. :ss

I really liked the taste of these but mine, also from Darrell :ss, had some draw and construction problems that were a bit disappointing. Maybe I'll have another one day. One day being Saturday when Darrell better show up at my house. :ss

That is funny!!!:r

Sorry yours had draw trouble!!! :mad:

Don't think I'll make it down on Saturday... Sorry:(

Back