IMPORTANT: Please Take Note

mikeyj23

Alpha Silverback
The Club Stogie Troop Supporters have been running a raffle since February 17th to send cigars to the troops. Rules for the raffle can be found here. Those rules stipulate that for the raffle to take place we need to have 500 entries (2500 cigars). As of this post, there have been 340 tickets sold (1700 cigars represented).

The astonishing thing is that those 340 tickets only represent 91 members here at CS. Those 91 members have stepped up to the plate and promised to give of themselves to help others.

The more astonishing thing is that after a quick sort and look through the members list, I discovered that 1044 CS members have been on the board today or yesterday. That means that 953 of you have either not seen or ignored the raffle.

If we can't sell the remaining 160 raffle tickets, the raffle is off. The 91 generous members of CS who have ponied up their smokes for the troops are S.O.L. for the raffle. Please do what you can to support this wonderful cause. Time is running out, so do it today.

Quick numbers:

Raffle tickets sold - 340
Members represented in the raffle - 91
Members logged in today or yesterday - 1044
Percent of regular members represented - 8.7%

Please do your part to make this a success!

Come on guys!! 5 sticks/tix for a great cause! Clean up your humidors and send your singles this way!!!!

You WANT to be part of the COOL crowd!

From what I can tell there are many here that help every day and no one even knows it's being done. My call out for support is to the folks that have not yet had a chance to pitch in. Noobs should jump on this as well, just look at the prize list. For all that contribute in this as well as other ways, thank you.

(I like the stats, I used to be a number cruncher. :))

All the best,
Al

Sorry for the partial thread jack.

Come on now, I heard a rumor this could be added to the prize pool:D:
uncle20sam20heidi20klum20lookalike.jpg

Support the Troops!

I agree, join in. According to Cigar Register I own 100 cigars as of last night. 10 are commited to the raffle. Several of my friends have been to the sandbox, and one was a definite recipient of "free" cigars last summer. Time at least for me to PIF.

The Club Stogie Troop Supporters have been running a raffle since February 17th to send cigars to the troops. Rules for the raffle can be found here. Those rules stipulate that for the raffle to take place we need to have 500 entries (2500 cigars). As of this post, there have been 340 tickets sold (1700 cigars represented).

The astonishing thing is that those 340 tickets only represent 91 members here at CS. Those 91 members have stepped up to the plate and promised to give of themselves to help others.

The more astonishing thing is that after a quick sort and look through the members list, I discovered that 1044 CS members have been on the board today or yesterday. That means that 953 of you have either not seen or ignored the raffle.

If we can't sell the remaining 160 raffle tickets, the raffle is off. The 91 generous members of CS who have ponied up their smokes for the troops are S.O.L. for the raffle. Please do what you can to support this wonderful cause. Time is running out, so do it today.

Quick numbers:

Raffle tickets sold - 340
Members represented in the raffle - 91
Members logged in today or yesterday - 1044
Percent of regular members represented - 8.7%

Please do your part to make this a success!

Don't forget.....there are a lot of us Northerners online, but the rules state...US Residents!

Don't forget.....there are a lot of us Northerners online, but the rules state...US Residents!

Well, I'm the person responsible for this rule and I just consulted with him and he said that I was full of :BS. So, welcome aboard brothers from the North! Please participate as you wish.

Please accept my apologies.

Just wanted to add the following :D :mn

To keep this great momentum going. I am offering 2 additional prizes.

I will send a prize to the person that posts for raffle ticket # 600 (hoping we make it)

I will send a prize to the person that gets the last official raffle ticket.

Winners will be confirmed by CS Troop Supporters and prizes will be shipped after receipt of their entry fee.

Since my original post there have been 195 tickets sold! That's an additional 975 cigars pledged. As well, there are currently 132 members represented - 41 new gorillas got on board. Way to go CS!

It was brought to my attention that my original post left out the fact that lots of CS gorillas help the troops in many different ways, both public and private. Many thanks to the gorillas that help the troops in all ways, not just the raffle.

Back