In the mood for a quickie? Padron Corticos and the AF Exquisito

Scott M

SilverBack
Unfortunately, my life is getting in the way of my life right now. This little soap opera has limited the amount of time I can have to sit back and really enjoy a churchill or a 60 ring guage figurado. What's a guy to do?

So, need a quickie? Something that'll scratch the itch when time's at a premium? Maybe something to burn in the car on the drive to the stop-n-rob? My answer; the Padron Corticos and the AF Cubanito.

DSC00680.JPG

DSC00682.JPG

Both are slightly larger than a cigarette. The Corticos Maduro really has the flavor and depth of a 2000, and the Cubanito went from a stong tobacco flavor to a sort of coffee-esque cigar, with what I can describe as a typical AF finish. Both have a remarkable volume of smoke, more than enough to blow rings. The Padron wins in the asthetics department, but they both provide an enjoyable respite from anotherwise hectic pace. And, they're quick, cheap and easy....these are a few of my favorite things!

Scott"Mr.quickie"M

Re: In the mood for a quickie?

Edited to add:

Correction;

Upon investigation, this is an Arturo Fuente Exquisito, NOT a Cubanito.

Same humidor, different cigar.

Scott"can'treadinthedark"M

I made a bee-line for this thread & realized that it was just Scott & he was only talking about a cigar! :r

Ah well. Maybe another time.

Scott M said:
Edited to add:

Correction;

Upon investigation, this is an Arturo Fuente Exquisito, NOT a Cubanito.

Same humidor, different cigar.

Scott"can'treadinthedark"M

Exquisito..........mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I usually get a box of these in the fall so I can smoke em' over the winter (when a quickie is in order). :p

Some sites are listing these as coming in a SG wrapper........if so, I may have to get them sooner!!

singlguy9 said:
Exquisito..........mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I usually get a box of these in the fall so I can smoke em' over the winter (when a quickie is in order). :p

Some sites are listing these as coming in a SG wrapper........if so, I may have to get them sooner!!

Hey Bud,

I believe all of the "Natural" Exquisitos are SG. So you will see SG and M or N and M available depending on the vendor but either way the one that isn't M is SG..

does that make sence?

txmatt said:
Hey Bud,

I believe all of the "Natural" Exquisitos are SG. So you will see SG and M or N and M available depending on the vendor but either way the one that isn't M is SG..

does that make sence?

It does.........I've been told that (by Don at Smokeall).........I've never tried the "natural" version of this cigar. I may have to get a box becasue I love the regular line SG's (chateau, double chat and beli). I'm a little apprehensive because while I like the SG's and Maddies, I've never been that wild about the natural green banded AF's.

:)

I am with you on the green bands!

The only decent green bands IMO are the Cuban Coronas. They reblended it in '03 (?) I think - it seems richer in flavor than the rest of the line.

Cuban Corona is wonderful, my shop can't seem to keep them in stock. For me those have passed the 858 when I just am in the mood for a Fuente.

I really like the Fuente Exquisito for a quick smoke. During my families annual Christmas get together, we always smoke cigars in my brother's garage. My sister-in-law is not a cigar smoker, but liked to partake in the activities with those small, flavored cigars. I brought a bunch of the Exquisito's with me and had her try one...the conversion worked and now that is all she smokes. :) I have yet to try the Padron Corticos...will have to look for them.

Trooper :cool:

other good short smokes to my taste are the aroma de cuba in tins, the ashton in those little white fliptop boxes, hon/nic por larranaga coronitas, montecristo afrique 444, flor de a allones especial #5 and the hond bolivar fuerte palmitas. have heard good things about the little partagas blacks (cant recall what they call them, prontos maybe?) but im not a fan of pb in general. have also heard some good things about the hon el rey del mundo cafe au lait/cafe noir but i havent tried them.

Back