increasing or decreasing strength?

fizguy

Lowland Gorilla
When you smoke more than one cigar in a particular day, do you tend to smoke the stronger ones first or last? Is it the "beer then liquor, never sicker" (i.e. stronger ones first) principle?

I am going to a herf this evening and plan to smoke one on the way, eat a little, smoke another one there, then smoke on the way home.

I was thinking maybe
Tatuaje reserva J21
HdM Excalibur (churchill size)
DPG Blue label

or maybe

cabiguan robusto
Excalibur
Reserva J21

or maybe three tats in a row.

I don't want to kill my taste buds then smoke an expensive, nuanced cigar.

Any advice?

I always smoke the milder sticks first simply because I have found if I smoked a powerhouse before something a little milder, you lose the nuances and flavor of the milder stick. Whereas you would pick up more pronounced flavor in that stick when smoked alone.
In both your line ups I would probably light the Excaliburs up first.:2

What they said. Especially if your going to be smoking them relatively close together. If not, I don't think it matters much.

At the BABOTL herfs I usually smoke 4-6 sticks since we usually go for 12 hours or something crazy like that. Anyway, I usually start light, building in strength until the 2nd to last smoke. Then I take a break, swill some soda, and usually finish with a lighter petite corona or something a bit 'brighter' than a powerhouse like a heavy Camacho. Depends on how mashed my taste buds are by then but I usually try and end on a lighter note.
:2

I always smoke the milder sticks first simply because I have found if I smoked a powerhouse before something a little milder, you lose the nuances and flavor of the milder stick. Whereas you would pick up more pronounced flavor in that stick when smoked alone.
In both your line ups I would probably light the Excaliburs up first.:2

I put the excalibur in the middle simply because it is the largest and most of my time will be spent AT the herf rather than going to and fro. Maybe I will start with a Casa Torano, then the HdM, then the tat on the way home.

Thinking about it is half the fun!

Thanks for the input.

Back