Indian Tabac Super Fuente

Commander Quan

The Cheese stands alone
Indian Tabac Super Fuente Maduro Box Pressed Corona

So it goes like this...
1. Snip the cap. Mmm nice cut. Sometimes the Xikar binds up and leaves a chunk sticking out in the middle but this was a nice strait cut.
2. Admire it for a sec.
3. Toast the foot.
4. Put the cigar in my mouth to light... NOTHING HAPPENS. This thing is plugged solid. It's plugged right below the cap, so I work it with my fingers a minute to loosen it and continue to light.
5. After lighting the foot it's still hard to draw. Work it some more, and continue to draw on it with little smoke actually coming out.
6. Stab it with the pointy thing on my pipe tamp. Draws better, and then plugs up again. When I'm not giving my cheeks a workout trying to pull smoke out of it I'm rolling it between my finger trying to loosen it.
7. After 35 minutes and only getting through 2 inches I give up and threw it away.

If this was an isolated incident I'd understand but this is the fifth one out of a bundle of 20 that I've smoked, every single one has been hard to draw. Usually after they're lit they will relax a little and I can continue smoking but this was just insane.

If there is anything good to be said about this cigar the wrapper is amazing, after rolling it and pinching it between my fingers the wrapper didn't crack or come loose at all.

I love em, send em to me! :D Never had a bad experience with them, and have even commented on how well they burn and draw for a maduro and box press respectively.

As much as that sucks it happens from time to time with a lot of cigars. I had my first plugged ERDM tonight. First reject in more than twenty or so I've had thus far.

Just chuck it try something else. :D

That sucks. I've only had a couple of these but none had draw issues. THe only cigar i had that was plugged unbelievably was a MB 1 churchill

The only Indian Tabac product that I ever had a problem with was a Fire churchill size that I smoked fresh off the truck and that loosened up after a few puffs. Paul

I really like these, sorry to hear that you had problems. Ive had a couple of plugged ones, but I think these are best kept at 65% or below rh, seems to have helped mine, that and if you can put a little time on them, 6 or 8 months seems to help them as well.

If you ever have that happen again bring the stick back to your Tobacconist. Most quality shops will replace the cigar for you, also you may identify a problem with a box that they can take care of.

Thanks for the review. Bummer news about the plug, though. :mad: I'd second the comment about humidity. You might try drying them out a bit to see if they loosen up. I got some great feed back in this thread about different cigars needing different humidities.

Dude

I had a few of these with no problems....you must have got one that was rolled poorly or it was a little too wet.

The thing that is so upsetting is that they are in my humi with all my other smokes and all the other cigars smoke fine, so I'm a little reluctant to think they are over humidified especially now that it is November and in North East Ohio and the furnace is running on and off all day. In the last 2 months I've smoked a total of 5 of these out of a bundle of 20 every single cigar from that bundle has been plugged.

They were an Email special from CI a few months back should it Email them and tell them whats up or just bite the big one?

The thing that is so upsetting is that they are in my humi with all my other smokes and all the other cigars smoke fine, so I'm a little reluctant to think they are over humidified especially now that it is November and in North East Ohio and the furnace is running on and off all day. In the last 2 months I've smoked a total of 5 of these out of a bundle of 20 every single cigar from that bundle has been plugged.

They were an Email special from CI a few months back should it Email them and tell them whats up or just bite the big one?

I bought two boxes of these coronas a year ago from Cheaper Cigars (not my favorite vendor). They were plugged as all get-out for some time and so I just buried them and forgot about them. Now they're still somewhat tight, but within the comfort zone. (I keep them at around 68%) The coronas are the only ones I've had this problem with.

Call CI if you don't want to wait the cigars out. They're usually pretty cool about RMA's or exchanges (when it's their mistake anyway).

The one I got from the CI deal was pretty tight as well. It had a great taste, but I was a little dissappointed with the draw. I am a little afraid to try again, but I usually never condemn a cigar on a bad experience. If I find one I don't like I usually try it again. Many are different the second time around. I'll try again on my next order...

Bill

Well, I've never had a problem with these either, and I've had quite a few in my time. Like most have said, they really do benefit from some humi time at about 65%, or dry box them for a few hours before you smoke them. Some Henry's tools would be the easy to loosen them up a bit, too.

i've had nothing but good experiences with the Indian Tabacs. the super fuerte's are quite a nice stick, IMO. I think you probably just got a bad stick.

Send 'em to me, I'll take care of 'em :) hahah

Back