Inside Burn

SteveK

Young Ape
Lately my robustos have been burning on the inside while the wrapper does not burn (until I torch it). After remedying the problem it starts up again. Is this a humidity problem? I keep my cigars at 70%.

I have found that young Havanas (when the wrapper seems to be too young/moist) tend to do that. I've had young Monte No.2s, Shorts and Cnn. No.1s age another 6 months before they burned right.:7

Steve, I had the same problem with robustos and torps last summer. Kept smokes at 70-71%. Dropped it down to 66-67%, waited about a week to smoke any of them; haven't had the problem since. Occasionally I do have the problem with sticks that have been in my Road Warrior traveldor for three-four days on a long trip. I think the higher humidity in the traveldor causes it. Hope this helps.

They've already said it, but the wrapper is either younger or moister (or both) than the binder/filler. I would lower the RH to 65-68% and let them sit for a few months at least.

I use to have that problem quite often, but now I let my smokes sit out of the box for a few hours before smoking. This lets some of the moisture in the wrapper get wicked away and it burns a lot better.

Plus they seem to taste that much better after you've been eyeing it for 3 hours.

Back